Saturday 28 March 2015

WM31: "Steal the Show" Spots

Hello! Its another Mania Week Blog, I can see a pattern emerging here. This one is to an extent Fantasy Booking- but it is where I go spot crazy and outline some spots in matches that could steal the show. Whether it a ridiculous high spot, a moment that'll mean a lot- a debut, a return or something in between.

There are a few spots that chances are won't happen in a million years- but there are some that for varying reasons I can see happening, and all of them for one reason or another could be considered "Show Stealing" Moments

Brock Lesnar Shooting Star Press
This has a sort of 50-50 chance. Brock is in a lot different shape to when he was doing Shooting Star Press's- or much rather missing them many moons ago that said Brock's matches are usually pretty good- and especially in this match if they go down the route I'm expecting them to they'll have Roman selling for the large part of the match. Its a matter of how many F5's do they have Roman kick out of- I'm praying it's a maximum of two, because of the obvious Taker permutations, but there are ways around this- such as Brock doing his Shooting Star Press. As I've said, I'm not sure if he could do one now- but without a shadow of a doubt if he can this'd be the ideal time to bring it out to give the match a special feel it simply hasn't had in my opinion, especially if you take Heyman out of the equation.

Bray Wyatt Tombstones Undertaker
It has been done before, and depending on how many matches Taker has left in the tank it'll be done again. With the exception of perhaps Kane, it won't suit a character more than Bray's to use it against him- and it'll mean more because it isn't a semi-regular part of his moveset. In terms of Bray's character I think it would be perfect- and if he is going over I'd have him use the Tombstone to finish him off. A lot of people (not me) have labelled Bray as the "Next Undertaker" and I fundamentally disagree with that point- BUT it's a connection you can't brush under the table- and if Bray can hit the Tombstone before putting Taker in the Cross-Arm Position and do the Eye-Roll it would create a perfect Mania Moment for Bray whether he goes over or not.

AxelMania Runs Wild
I know AxelMania is largely a jokey gimmick, but it's entertaining as anything else on WWE TV at the minute- and that isn't be doing the "Haha AxelMania is the best thing ever" joke stuff I do on Twitter, I genuinely mean that. I can't see the AxelMania gimmick becoming a long lasting thing- just because it inherently has an expiration date- but this could be an absolutely perfect (pun intended) moment for Axel to use as a launch pad so we can say in 6 Months "Remember when Axel looked like he was going to do something".

Axel will go missing pretty early on in the Andre Battle Royal. With the AxelMania gimmick he'll square off with Big Show in the Middle of the Ring- "Axel Up" do the "YOOOOOOUUUUUU" thing and then attempt to pick him up for a Bodyslam unsuccessfully- but just when everything seems lost Axel will Perfect-Plex Big Show before hitting a Leg Drop and eventually eliminating Big Show- before going absolutely crazy not realising he isn't the Winner yet and then getting eliminated. Depending on what happens later on in the show this could genuinely steal the show and make Axel completely made- it could even give him a feud with Big Show off the back of it.

Luke Harper does a Ladder Lariat
I haven't worked out the exact mechanics behind this- but I think it could work. The set-up for it would be *Insert Mid-Carder who chances are deserves better here* doing the usual a finger-tip away from the IC Title belt thing when Harper much in the way Edge set up for the Spear on Jeff so many years ago would wait for someone to take the Ladder away from him before climbing a ladder in the corner and I'm not sure if he could do his rotation before connecting- but I'm pretty sure he's tall enough to reach the neck area provided he gives himself enough height for his jump- I'd have Ziggler take it for obvious reasons of he'd sell it like he's dead, but you also have the built-in story from the late parts of the year.

Daniel Bryan does a Ladder Running Knee
This may be because I recently watched Shelton Benjamin (deserved more) do a similar thing at Wrestlemania 21 again as preparation for my "MITB at Wrestlemania" blog I put up earlier on this week so it's in my mind- but I think Bryan could pull it off. Similar to the set-up for said Benjamin spot there'd be a Ladder lent on the Standy-Uppy Ladder with someone at the Top of the Ladder trying to grab the belt. Bryan would then run up the Ladder but he'd go a Rung or two higher than Benjamin did in order to launch himself into his Running Knee finisher on said person trying to grab the belt.

These are 5 spots I just thought of off the top of my head- but I accept there are a lot more potential spots that could be conceived- so feel free to tell me yours. Thanks for reading, as always this week if you want to look back over the Mania blogs I've done this week feel free to, If you don't I have your Family. No, That really is how I'm ending the blog- the ransom note is imminent.

No comments:

Post a Comment