Tuesday 31 March 2015

Booking Wrestlemania 32

Hello! We're now very much onto the last legs of this Wrestlemania week- and this is one for future reference as much as it is now, I'm going to do this one essentially a year out- do another 6 Months in Advance and then hopefully compare in the build for Mania 32. This is purely fantasy booking- but within reason, as in no dead guys or someone like CM Punk who I basically can't see in WWE. I'm gonna work on the basis of a 9 Match Card as that was the card we had this year. I'm also going to keep it somewhat realistic, as in El Torito isn't gonna be Main Eventing.

Pre-Show: The Lucha Dragons v The Usos v The Ascension- Tag Titles
I picked these three teams because well, they're the only teams I can see still being together this time next year. I was debating including the Dubstep Duo in this match or Enzo & Big Cass but I think for different reasons they'll still be down in NXT this time next year. I think Los Matadores will be in the spring cleaning unfortunately because I did like Epico & Primo when they were just Epico & Primo, KiddSaro won't last a long time- and as you'll see later Cesaro in particular I have high hopes for- New Day could last if they turn them heel and make them to an extent Nation of Domination 2.0- they're already half-way there with the crowd but again I can't see them lasting the year. I'm not sure who'd be holding the belts headed into this match, I'm hoping in between now and next year we get a Luchas/Ascension 2 or 3 Match PPV Programme with stipulations over the Tag Belts because we know from NXT these two teams can deliver when they're opposing each other. Then I've thrown in The Usos who unless Vince decides to do something stupid and break them up will most likely still be together and most likely still be babyfaces.

Sami Zayn v Cesaro
It's a built in feud, and one I can see WWE putting on first on a Mania card with very little story to it because at least it'll be a good match. Pretty similar to the IC Title Match this year- which I don't care what anyone says didn't have much story to it at all. While Cesaro if built right could be competing in one of the Main Events- for whatever reason Vince doesn't seem to like Cesaro, as such he has an imposed glass ceiling; at least on this card he's not stuck on the Pre-Show.

Sasha Banks v Paige v Charlotte- Divas Title
I thought about this match a lot. The thing you had to think about primarily is whether The Bellas will still be viewed as the top divas (because like it or not they are now) this time next year. I've gone with no just because surely even the WWE know they can't have The Bellas as limited as they are be on top for roughly a year & a half. I think Charlotte is the most likely NXT Woman to get called up ASAP, contrary to seemingly a lot of people I wasn't expecting Charlotte to debut last night because we'd had them go down that route with Paige last year- but I think once Brie turns on Nikki as is seemingly being hinted at going to happen with what happened last night and they have their match- which I hope isn't for the Title & Brie turns on Nikki to cost her the title at either Extreme Rules or the one after that (Payback?), and the person who I think she'll be dropping the belt to is Paige. Then Charlotte will come up and she can work heel, especially if as I hope she starts cutting promos trashing her Dad, and then she'll win the belt and slowly transition into a babyface- then Sasha comes up and starts going off on how she was the one who beat Charlotte for the NXT Belt so she can do the same again for the Divas Title- and that's the hook for this match.

Sheamus v Finn Balor
The Irish Stuff is an aside, and one I hope they don't play up to a great deal. Sheamus is a heel, and I love Sheamus as a heel- it appears for the time being he's going to be in the IC Title hunt, but as you'll see and I'll discuss a bit later on in this I can't see him winning it; that said with Sheamus he's never not going to have a place because well, he's Sheamus and if I were booking him I'd build this angle from the roots up literally. NXT is increasingly become a "3rd Brand" as opposed to a Developmental Territory much to my displeasure- so I'd have Sheamus show up to NXT one week and essentially gatecrash the Main Event and Destroy whomever is involved. This'll be acknowledged on RAW the following week- and Sheamus will cut a promo saying something along the lines of wanting to eliminate the supposed "future" and prove he is the future of this business. He'll then go on a run of destroying people on the Main Roster with even the vaguest links to NXT people like Big E, Xavier Woods, Adrian Neville, Kalisto etc. Then in the Rumble Balor debuts and eliminates Sheamus setting the angle up for Mania.

Bray Wyatt v Triple H
The Authority Angle doesn't seem to be ending any time soon, as such I'm going to put in place a grand plan to End the Authority angle that 99% won't happen- but if it does I'll happily bow down to WWE and renege on any criticism I've ever bestowed onto WWE. This angle started all the way back at Bray's Main Roster Debut when he set his sights on Kane, after Summerslam he kidnapped Kane- but then Kane suddenly just showed up under his own steam and went after the Wyatts before quickly joining The Authority. I propose to you- that Kane has been a Sleeper Agent the whole time for Bray, it's something I thought they were going to address when Bray started cutting promos with the phrase "bring down the machine"- but once again it largely lead to nothing. Bray is a tweener in my opinion, I hate to compare him to Taker- but he is in that sense and he can go after anyone, as such I'd have this be the true end to The Authority angle, with Bray ending it. Bray has now had 2 losses in a row at Mania- so for me he needs a really big win; and what'll be bigger than this (within reason).

John Cena v Daniel Bryan- US/IC Title Unifying Match
Both of these guys are going to hold onto their respective belts for a long time in my opinion- hopefully injury permitting. These two will spend pretty much the whole of this year hopefully elevating the US & IC Titles to a sufficient level where they are legitimised again. Then you get to this storyline. I proposed Bryan turn heel in the build for this Mania and face Cena, and I'm sticking by it for next years Mania. Similar to his World Heavyweight Title Run I can see him turning somewhere along his run with the belt. If I were booking I'd have him get an injury (kayfabe) and then have to defend his title (successfully, but by the skin of his teeth) against someone like Dolph- and then he starts getting angry after the match and kicks the living hell out of Dolph before leaving. The following week he comes out and cuts a Promo blaming the fans for his neck injury and having to relinquish the WWE Title and then doing all the usual heel heat stuff. He'll then set his sights on someone who champions the fans whether they're booing him or not in John Cena, who coincidentally has the US Title- and we go from there.

Seth Rollins v Dean Ambrose v Roman Reigns- WWE Title
These three guys were in a little faction called The Shield not so long ago, I don't know if you remember. However that is just something to put in the video package for the match; it wouldn't be the main focus. I can see Rollins dropping the belt to Roman at some point in the next year, but swiftly winning it back via Authority- and this could get Roman over as a babyface, I'm always reminded of the story Heyman tells about Tommy Dreamer finally getting over with the Singapore Cane match, and something similar needs to happen (within PG limitations) to have Roman earn the respect of the fans. While the Brock match was a good start, in "modern" WWE they need to follow through on it which I have no faith in them doing. The crux of this angle would be you're not sure who the babyfaces and the heels are, because everyone is taking out everyone- and in turn that means you're not sure who you really want to win, and as I've said provided we do get the "Singapore Cane" moment I can see Roman finally getting his win.

The Undertaker v Sting- Last Man Standing
This'll be both guys last match, I can see Sting wrestling at Summerslam or Survivor Series before this- but it'll all be built to this match. This is one of the few "dream matches" we have left- and while I personally don't want to see it, WWE would be stupid if they didn't capitalise on it; because the match no matter what the quality of the match itself is- is money. The reason I've made this a Last Man Standing match- and some of you may have already worked out where I'm going with this it'll end with both guys failing to answer the 10 Count and riding off into the sunset.

Brock Lesnar v The Rock
This is the money match. I'd personally rather see Rock v HHH- and it does seem like they're hinting at this match, but depending on Rock's schedule and his willingness I'd love to see him wrestle at Summerslam or Survivor Series against Triple H. This'd also do a perfect job to set the angle up because Stephanie could lift Brock's suspension on the condition that he helps Triple H win, and of course because he's a "mercenary" he'll do so- and Rock because he's The Rock will get pissed and demand a match with Brock at Mania. It'd be a back and forth- but of course now Brock's re-signed for reportedly 3 Years he'd go over.

Thanks for reading as always, I hope you enjoy these booking blogs as much as I enjoy writing them. While I accept I'm not an amazing booker- I hope some of these ideas have been written down the way I wanted to convey them. Stay tuned for the last couple of blogs that'll be up tonight and for the end of Mania Week- if you want to have a look back over the 28 Blogs I've already done for Mania Week, and if there isn't at least one that peaks your interest I'd be surprised, and if you see the one that does peak said interest why don't you have a read of it? Thanks again for reading, WE'RE NEARLY THERE GUYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment