Friday 6 March 2015

Fulham v Bournemouth Review: Gutless

I decided to avoid the rush for the exits by actually staying until the end tonight, I wasn't even going to do this review- but if I don't I'll be stewing on it for the best part of a week, and will of course put me in a bad mood all week; so for the greater good...

The last two games were a pleasant dream- one in which we actually had some fight in the team and looked capable of beating anyone. Then we woke up again. Tonight's game was as bad if not worse than any game under "him"- the really annoying thing, and its bizarre considering they won 5-1; but Bournemouth never even got out of first gear against us- I thought they looked pretty ordinary in all honest, but we made them look like Real Madrid.

All the Bournemouth goals sort of blended into one, first one Amorebieta completely lost his man, second was a deflection- fair enough, third was possibly the worst defending I've ever seen, fourth was a Free-Kick, fifth was a top draw finish. Our goal was a pretty good move in all honesty- it'll get completely lost in the shuffle of the abortion that surrounded it, but it was a good move; and it made me laugh the number of times we launched it up to Smith- but he scored when we kept the ball on the deck.

Bettinelli was pretty much helpless for all of Bourmemouth's goals tonight, I was speaking about his confidence in the last couple of blogs- and getting hit for 5 won't have helped it; but he's definitely on the low end of the totem pole with regard to blame.

I'll try and keep this coherent, Amorebieta left me speechless tonight- the game he had was one of the worst performances I've ever seen in a Fulham shirt ever. I said in my Preview I wasn't sure how fit he was- and sure enough he was winded after about 5 Minutes, he never got tight enough to Ritchie- he lost his man for the first goal; and it all off he got himself sent-off. As soon as I saw Wilson and Amorebieta running after the ball I knew he was going to be sent off- because he was awful tonight- simply awful. I can only assume- or rather hope Jazz Richards is injured; because while Hoogland didn't do a lot wrong- he didn't do a lot right either. Hoogland, Hutchinson, Bodurov, Amorebieta was arguably the worst possible selection for us given where Bournemouth's strengths lie, Hoogland is a Midfielder- I don't care what Kit thinks. Hutchinson and Bodurov didn't even have really bad games tonight- with the exception of the third goal they weren't really culpable for any of them, and as with Bettinelli there's players I'd be blaming a lot more over them.

The Selection tonight was just bizarre, While Stafylidis isn't perfect- at least he has some pace, and in turn would have been able to handle Ritchie a lot better- then we had who should be our back-up Left-Back playing in Midfield. The midfield tonight was completely anonymous- there were a few sparks here and there from Bryan- but that was it; and Bournemouth simply brushed our midfield aside.

Whatever Cauley Woodrow done to Kit in a past life must have really been awful. Woodrow hasn't done a lot wrong when he's played- especially in comparison to how Rodallega's played this side of Christmas. As such the selection was baffling tonight- and the way we ended up playing with aimless long balls wouldn't have brought Hugo into the game on his best day. McCormack along with Bryan are probably the only two of our starters who can come out with any shred of credit- he was far from perfect, but at least it looked like he cared.

Matt Smith is fighting it out with Woodrow for a place in the Starting XI for Sheff. Wednesday- which means we'll end up starting Dembele. When he came on he gave us another dimension without a doubt- but I still think Woodrow would've been able to offer almost the same- and the link up play between McCormack and Smith was great, and thats probably why I'd favour Smith for Sheff. Wednesday. Fofana came on, Gave away 3 Fouls, got booked and that was that. Stafylidis came on out of necessity with the Amorebieta Red Card- and didn't do much either way.

The Sheffield Wednesday performance will determine whether I get on the Kit Out bandwagon- I'm not on it yet because we've seen how we can play under Kit in the last week; but if anything that makes this type of game more of an annoyance. This game was a complete abortion- as I'm writing this I haven't seen Kit's Post-Match Comments, but I don't know how he can defend that.

Millwall are playing Norwich, Wigan are playing Leeds and Rotherham are playing Huddersfield- these are the other three teams along with us I'd say are fighting it out for the two relegation spots, Wigan's win in Midweek is worrying me because they do have the players to go on a good run and get them out of the mess they're in.

Thanks for reading, I left the game today and I wasn't even angry- I just felt nothing; its gotten to the stage this season where I just don't care- anyway perhaps thankfully we don't have a midweek game this week, so I'll be back with my Sheffield Wednesday Preview next Friday (barring something major happening)- and I think the worst thing of all from tonights game- WE DIDN'T EVEN HAVE MORE POSSESSION.

No comments:

Post a Comment