Monday 30 March 2015

Which NXT Stars Deserve a Call Up?

We're now removed from Wrestlemania, which means its usually around this time of year a handful of NXT guys get the demotion to the Main Roster from NXT. This isn't going to be like the Top 10's I've done just because I'm simply going to list off who I think deserves a call-up, how I'd book them- and their chances of succeeding on the Main Roster. Also not this is in no particular order- this isn't a ranking, simply a list.

CJ Parker
No Really. The world needs jobbers, its a fact of life- and it definitely helps that Parker is a good talent, who I think is quite underrated. His Eco-Activist type gimmick is perfect for the 2015 WWE Crowd to hate, any type of preachy gimmick is. Parker could end up getting some steam behind him as a Midcard Heel. He'll never become WWE Champion, but not everyone needs to, to be considered a success in my opinion- and as long as Parker continues to play the role he has been doing in NXT he might get over in a weird way especially in front of smarky crowds who love to be different. I realise I'm somewhat insulting myself given how much I've been going on about Axelmania the last couple of months but c'mon... Its Genius.

Tyler Breeze
This is a heel with so much Main Roster potential, similar to Parker he's a heel everyone will hate provided they get mic time and a proper build. He has the best heater in the business now with the Selfie Stick- and although we get the "Breeze is Gorgeous" chants- he's generally a heel when he's matched up against the right guy. Again, as with Parker I'm not sure he'll reach WWE Title level- but he can definitely reach IC/US Title with ease. The good thing about Breeze is his gimmick has enough potential to get over, which'll make it even more of an annoyance when Vince buries him within 2 Months.

Adrian Neville
He along with another guy are the two most obvious names on this list, given the amount of time they've now spent in developmental- and the performer they've now become. Especially now Mysterio is officially gone the Main Roster needs a true high-flyer, who can offer 5* Matches and potential Main Events down the line. Neville is a guy I'm praying they don't drop the ball on- because much like I continuously go on about Shelton Benjamin- Neville is that caliber of an athlete, and if they build him right he will turn into at the very least someone who appears to be on the cusp of the Main Event.

Sami Zayn
Another of the unsurprising names on the list is Sami Zayn, and he has the most upside of any babyface down in NXT by a clear margin in my opinion. Zayn is the most over guy in NXT bar none and if they protect him when he gets called up he has the potential to be on the same level as Daniel Bryan with regard to Main Roster babyfaces. That said I can't see him coming in just yet because there's still a loose end to be tied up with Owens & Zayn before Zayn can properly move on.

Finn Balor
In terms of their stints in NXT Balor is the least experienced of the 5 Guys I chose for this list. That said given his amount of prior experience, and the way he's taken to the "show" aspect of the WWE makes him one of the ideal guys to get called up in my opinion. He has enough about him as does Neville & Zayn to eventually get a run in the Main Event- I'm not sure if they're intent on promoting the "Devil" Balor persona- or they're open to varying the body-paint, but if they are willing to diversify Balor using Facepaint that he's already done on the Indies like Venom etc. would only add to his character- especially for things like Wrestlemania- where similar to Wyatt, his entrance was made for a Wrestlemania situation.

Sasha Banks
She is the woman I'd most like to see be called up. In terms of "being ready" Banks is the most "ready" in my opinion- she's definitely the most well-rounded of all the Women down in NXT. The only thing detracting from it all is that she's perfectly suited to the Heel role, and whether we like it or not the Bellas are taking up the Heel Role on the Main Roster- so I'd rather Sasha stayed down in NXT until they've turned/taken a step back rather than be 3rd choice heel right off the bat.

Charlotte
In terms of likeliness of a call-up Charlotte is the most likely of the Women in my opinion. With Sasha picking up the belt roughly 2 Months ago, it seems as though they're gearing up Charlotte for a Main Roster debut- and I can see her debuting as early as tonight. That said- I'm not sure she's the fully rounded "Diva" yet, that said considering the caliber of some of the Girls we have on the Main Roster that's perhaps not a big concern for the decision makers.

Bayley
I thought the perfect time to bring Bayley up storyline wise was when A.J. was looking for a partner week-in week-out against Paige & Fox and bring her up with her current gimmick of basically being a massive fan of everyone- and that eventually transitioning into her becoming a Mickie James stalker type heel eventually leading to a big match at the Mania thats just gone. But what do I know I'm just a lunatic with a blog. It all depends on what they want from the call-up, because if they want the sympathetic babyface Diva- Bayley is the perfect pick. It was a toss up between Bayley & Becky for this third spot in my mind- but purely because Bayley's gotten more experience of the NXT system I decided to pick her.

Thanks for reading as ever, we're coming into the last legs of this Blog Marathon so thanks for all of the reads thus far, and I hope you make it over the line with these last few today and tomorrow. If you haven't already have a look back over all of the ones I've done this Mania week- and if a few take your fancy feel free to read them. Thanks again for reading, and thanks for all of your support. I'm now going to patiently await the angry tweets I'll be getting as a result of this blog- remember to set the Caps Lock On.

No comments:

Post a Comment