Tuesday 31 March 2015

Seth Rollins: "The Light at the End of the Tunnel"

Hello! It's the penultimate Mania Week Blog, and of course it had to be about Seth Rollins. The saviour of WrestleMania. In this blog I'm going to look at Rollins, how I think his WWE Title reign will go, if it'll be a success and the challengers I can see poking their heads up for Rollins' title.

I didn't talk about it in my Predictions just because with Brock re-signing there was enough to talk about as far as the Main Event goes- but I'm proud to say I called what happened in the Main Event roughly 3 Weeks Ago...

When Rollins lost to Orton I was almost entirely sure Rollins was cashing in on the night- or at the latest last night on RAW, and I was proven right. It was such a good moment- and as I said in my Wrestlemania Review WWE managed to win a no-win situation with the cash-in and how they managed to execute it, the Main Event managed to make Roman "look strong", it shielded Brock because he wasn't pinned and they managed to get a Full-Time Champion without putting the belt on Roman when he clearly wasn't ready- which thankfully WWE were man enough to admit to themselves before it was too late and Roman was damaged beyond repair. While it is a long road back- as I said in my "Booking Mania 32" blog (Which I'd highly recommend I'm quite proud of it) Reigns is very much like Tommy Dreamer in Original ECW in that he simply isn't respected by the fans- fans do respect Cena, they don't respect Roman that's the major problem- and Roman needs his "Thank You Sir, I'll have another" moment for the crowd to get behind him. 

That said, with Brock "suspended"- and the way RAW ended it appears Roman is the initial challenger for Seth, presumably at Extreme Rules where it'll be interesting to see how they handle the match at Extreme Rules; but you have to imagine an Extreme Rules stipulation will open the door for outside interference. 

The problem with Brock's "limited" appearances is that it's hard to pack everything you want from a character like Brock. I've already said how I'd handle Brock at either Summerslam or Survivor Series with my "Booking Mania 32 Blog" so I won't go over all that in a great amount of detail- but they could also go down the road of Stephanie and HHH falling out with Rollins in the build to Summerslam and as revenge they reinstate Brock to rip Rollins' head off. In that case we pretty much have a nailed on Summerslam Main Event- with it either being a Singles Match or a Triple Threat with Roman also involved, although I'd have him facing Triple H at Summerslam provided Triple H isn't wrestling The Rock. 

I alluded to it a bit in my Mania 32 booking blog I put up as the one directly preceding this blog, but I can see Seth dropping the belt not quickly- but either before or at Summerslam before quickly getting it back again.

This leads into what I've already discussed as my Mania 32 Title Match, Rollins v Reigns v Ambrose. Like it or not Roman is most likely going to be in and around the Main Event for the foreseeable future- and as I've said I doubt he'll be in the Title Hunt at Summerslam, but I can definitely see him being in the Title Hunt once again when next years Wrestlemania comes around. Ambrose is someone who does have main event potential- so it just depends on how WWE uses him, but for me this is a built in Title Match given the history these guys have and as you've seen especially when it comes to Punk's Title Run the Title doesn't necessarily have to Main Event and I've got two "money matches" that'd go on after it. I spoke about it briefly in my Mania 32 blog but I'll expand on the storyline I'd set out for Mania 32 with Rollins, Reigns and Ambrose. 

At some point in the next year Rollins will drop the belt to Roman, only to win it back almost instantaneously via The Authority- and that'll give Roman a reason to chase Seth to the end of the world because it's "his title". When you consider Seth will have J&J behind him- and likely Kane, Big Show etc. it's only logical that Roman needs some back-up, in comes his Shield brother Dean Ambrose. But as we've seen since the Day after the Rumble Ambrose is desperate to win a Title so he'll start chasing Rollins as well, which'll lead these two to spontaneously combust without either of them becoming fully-fledged heels. This'll in turn give Seth a bit of breathing space and presumably at Fast Lane next year I'd have Roman & Ambrose wrestling for a #1 Contender Spot- but through shenanigans neither of them win, but just when Seth thinks he's safe it's announced it'll be a Triple Threat. Now all three guys are at each others throats headed into Mania, and it'd be a really good match- and as I've already said provided Roman has his "Singapore Cane" moment I reckon this'll be his crowning. 

Thanks for reading as always, we're very nearly there for Mania Week now- I realise I've slightly gone off in tangents during this blog, but in essence this is who I see facing off with Seth for the title between now and next years Wrestlemania- and while I don't think it'll be a continuous run I do think he'll have the Title headed into next years Mania. Anyway not including this one- because you're already reading it there's 29 Blogs I've done so far this Mania Week for you to read whenever you want so have a look over said 29 Blogs and if one or two catches your eye feel free to read it and give me feedback on it. Thanks again for reading and stay tuned for the last blog of Mania Week, which'll be a RAW Review- to give a nice sense of symmetry given that's how we started. 

No comments:

Post a Comment