Friday 15 August 2014

We're back at the Cottage

Welcome to my blog, After last week at Ipswich we're back home against Millwall which is a true glamour tie, who needs Man Utd or Chelsea eh?

We've had a well documented summer with essentially a whole new team coming in, however I feel the players we still have remaining from last season will be the key to us going up (No, Not Zverotic). Scott Parker is a player who we all know well and what his limitations are, however in a similar way to Andrea Pirlo we need to accentuate the positives and hide the negatives and if we do he WILL be the best midfielder in the division. Hugo Rodallega is still in my book somewhat of an unknown quantity, in that he can have one game where we wish we had Shefki Kuqi back, and others where we wouldn't sell him for the price of Kostas Mitroglou. I do believe given our current options and assuming Mitroglou and Ruiz are to leave we should see Hugo as our Main Striker alongside Ross McCormack. I Also believe we should keep Jesse Joronen in goal for an extended period of time (notwithstanding a more experienced Championship Keeper coming in) as although his distribution was absolutely atrocious, that comes with experience and he was visibly nervous at times summed up in the first minute where he kicked the ball out of play, I don't however echo this sentiment with Shaun Hutchinson as I felt he was found wanting quite a bit and as such we should drop him for a game and see how a different partnership works against an "Old School" Striker like Ricardo Fuller. Here is what I perceive to be our best team for Millwall

My Eleven for Millwall 4-4-2 Diamond
                         Joronen
     Hoogland-Amorebieta-Bodurov-Stafylidis
                           Parker
            Eisfeld                    Hyndman
                           David (if fit, if not I think we should try Pat Roberts playing behind the Strikers)
            Rodallega               Woodrow

No comments:

Post a Comment