Saturday 23 August 2014

Derby v Fulham Review- No Way Back, Magath Out.

What can you say about that? I'm going to try and not tread over old ground covered in my Fulham v Wolves Review, however whilst Magath is still in charge I'm going to be sounding like a broken record.

Firstly, We Scored a Goal! Yay!

Enough of the positives, now onto the negatives. We were woeful. I don't know if Magath is secretly a Brentford fan, but his team selections are getting consistent; Consistently Awful. We've got perfectly good central midfielders on the bench or in the reserves, however Magath had the bright idea to play Kostas Stafylidis- a 5ft 10 Left-Back as a Central Midfielder in one of/the most physical leagues in the world. I don't necessarily think Burgess is bad, however when we have a proven Championship player like Dan Burn back at home. Pat Roberts is not a starter, He's a 30 minute shock tactic- which was a role he flourished in in the first two games, and subsequently had Magath saying he needed to be protected. Yes, I agree Felix- SO WHY START HIM IN THE NEXT TWO GAMES?! We need to either play to Ross McCormacks strengths or simply send him to the exotic island I imagine Mitroglou, Ruiz, Burn, Tunnicliffe, Larnell Cole, Amorebieta, Zverotic are currently on laughing at their bank balances going up every week.

The club needs a "cleansing" in my opinion. There isn't something wrong with Khan, however he is incredibly naive- which is understandable to an extent given this is only his second season in English "Soccer". However Alistair MacIntosh has no such excuses, and has shown a level of naivety which is inexcusable in my book, and as such should be on the first car out of Motspur Park along with Magath, and we should use these next two games as essentially a mini Pre-Season with whomever we decide to get in- and use the International Break as a completely fresh start from top to bottom to create a Settled, stable environment which has completely gone in the last year and a half.

Now the patronising question which really annoys me. Who would we get in to replace him? ANYONE WOULD BE AN IMPROVEMENT ON MAGATH! Steve Clarke, Chris Hughton, Gianfranco Zola or Sarah bloody Brookes would be an improvement. I personally would appoint Steve Clarke or Chris Hughton as they're "coaches" who would command respect from the players- and would hopefully convince players like Mitroglou and Ruiz to play for the team.

Now onto whats annoyed me, and judging from Twitter most other Fulham Fans. He's destroying the confidence of our youth players. I think Neil Mellor said we started with seven Under 21s, compare us with pretty much every other team in the Championship (except Leeds and Blackpool) they all have a core of senior players who know the division well, we've thrown all of our youth players in at the deep-end attached to a brick in the shape of Magath. A stated above, we have better options available than the ones we're using- which in turn ins creating a backlash toward some of our youth players such as R. Williams, Kavanagh, Burgess.

Now onto whats seemingly a regular feature of "if I was the manager I would". First thing tomorrow I'd enquire about getting in Albert Adomah (who also seems to be a regular feature on this blog) I'd pay anything up to 3million for him and use him as our starting Right Midfielder. I'd also look for a Central Midfielder like it was a cure for cancer, and pay anything we needed to get one in. I would also ring up Mitroglou and Ruiz and beg, and plead, and bribe, and cajole, and threaten and do whatever we need to convince them to stay. Its also becoming more apparent we need a Goalkeeper who has a calmer head on his shoulders, Joronen has a frenetic-ness about him which creates an unnecessary panic amongst the defenders.

The Team I would use as our starting XI: 4-2-3-1 (if the transfer window closes this second)
                     Joronen
Hoogland-Burn-Bodurov/Amorebieta-Stafylidis
                Parker-Hyndman
       Ruiz-McCormack-Kacaniklic (who would all interchange dependant on positioning)
                      Mitroglou
This is what I think is our strongest eleven by a country mile, and we could use players like Pat Roberts as impact subs, because he undoubtedly has the ability to change a game.

I've tried sticking with every manager we've had, I only got on Jol's back after "that" West Ham game. But Magath is a cancer to this team- and sometimes cancerous tumours have to be removed from the body before they kill it.

Thanks again for reading, I've tried my best not to swear. If there's any grammatical errors etc. I'm sorry but my hands are shaking I'm so angry.

No comments:

Post a Comment