Saturday 16 August 2014

Fulham-Millwall Review... Work In Progress

Hey! Fulham lost, again! Whats the difference from last season then?

I was at the game today, and frustration doesn't even begin to echo my sentiment for this game so I'm going to try and put the points I'm going to make as short as possible.

No- We should not sack Magath and bring in Tony Pulis. I think I could write a whole other blog entirely of reasons we shouldn't appoint Tony Pulis, as I could also write one of reasons we should. However what would sacking a 3rd Manager in this calendar year achieve for Fulham? Some Fulham fans as far as I can tell assumed we'd win 46 out of 46 break 100 points and be playing at Old Trafford this time next year. What these fans have to accept is this is a LONG TERM plan for Fulham, something which I have been craving for seemingly forever.

Yes- I Do Believe we need to sign some more experienced (NOT OLD) players. It seems we've gone from one extreme to other with regard to squad balance. Last season we had too many older players, and this year- especially in the Championship I believe we've got too many young players. I Don't know the availability of these players but to use as an example, Albert Adomah; He knows the division like the back of his hand, and would also add another dimension too our team. If we've been playing as we mean to go on We severely lack width on the right hand side until Pat Roberts comes on, something which Adomah- or a player of his ilk would add to the team. I'm not expecting us to break the bank but when/if we FINALLY get rid of Mitroglou and/or Bryan Ruiz we'll have money available from the transfer fees/loan fees added to the wages freed up by two players on Premier League wages.

No- We won't and SHOULDN'T go back up this season. Remember when Derby came up with a young team and the Premier League ate them alive- to the point Billy Davies said they went up a season too early? In my opinion we NEED a full season in the Championship to blood our youngsters and give them necessary experience which is invaluable. I think at the absolute best case scenario for us is we do what Reading did when they came up and go on an unbelievable run when the team is settled.

I've made a point of never judging a team until the beginning of October, the FIFA test is what I call it (Around the time the latest FIFA has come out). And I think this is even more relevant with regard to this season with an entirely new team.

Thanks again for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment