Sunday 31 August 2014

Fulham Deadline Day Preview- Whats Necessary?

Welcome to my Fulham preview for one of the most anticipated days of the footballing calendar- Deadline Day. We'll have Jim White on 27 Red Bulls and Arry leaning out of his car window signing some triffic players. But after last years deadline day when the only addition was the Montenegrin Messi Elsad Zverotic, I'm expecting a much busier deadline day for Fulham this time around. I'll divide this blog into two parts of ins and outs, and explain what and why I want us to either buy or sell a specific player- or a player of the same mould. (All Information here is correct at the time of writing)

Ins- (These are all of the ones I've seen- feel free to tell me some others)
Mark Hudson (Cardiff)- This is an interesting one given our current Centre-Back situation. Assuming Amorebieta is leaving (more later) We'd currently have 4 Centre-Back options (based on people who've played this season) Burgess, Hutchinson, Burn, Bodurov. However Burgess as I've said in previous blogs isn't ready- leaving Hutchinson, Burn and Bodurov. Hutchinson looked awful against Ipswich and was rightly (in my opinion) dropped the following week- although him and Burn did play well together against an albeit weaker Brentford team. This leaves us with two Championship ready Centre-Backs in Burn and Bodurov both of which impressed immensely against Cardiff and should start going forward.

So I can see the logic behind this transfer, but unless I'm mistaken he was injured for the game just gone- and he'd want to start. This'd mean taking either Burn or Bodurov out of the team, both of whom have played really well so far this season.

Matt Smith (Leeds)- This guy is the type of player our performances against Millwall and Cardiff cried out for. Especially once Woodrow went off in the game against Cardiff we lacked any sort of physical presence in the box. As such he'd be a good buy- especially for 500k in this climate, and assuming Chris Wood is now staying at Leicester he's probably the best option we can look for. Crucially he'll also know how McCormack plays, and vice versa which could hopefully lead a Zamora-Andy Johnson type partnership developing.

Ehsan Hajsafi (Sepahan)- I've seen conflicting reports over the last two days with regard to his ability to get a work permit, however this deal could still very much happen. He's very much a utility player for what I can gather being able to play both LM and LB could be a great asset for us in games. For example in the game on Saturday when we brought on Chihi for McCormack; McCormack stayed wide-left, and bringing on a player like Hajsafi would of allowed McCormack to move centrally.

Lewis McGugan (Watford)- I'm not sure of the validity of these rumours so I'll run with it; He could be exactly what we need. He is a very competent Central Midfielder who would be a major asset in the absence of a certain Tunnicliffe who would fulfill the same role. However I'm very cynical over this transfer, but were it to come off I'd be very happy.

Wish List:
I saw a link today for Matt Ritchie going to Derby; and we could easily match or better Derby's bid should we wish to- and he would be the perfect player to play at the top of the diamond formation we currently use.

As briefly mentioned earlier Chris Wood would be top of my (realistic) striker list if he were available- which I'm not sure about.

This'll probably be the last time I mention him until Middlesborough play us; Albert Adomah. We looked much better down the right hand side with Voser as the right-back but the crossing was attrocious; as such we should still be looking at Adomah, or another similar player to come in

Outs
We got rid of Mitroglou- at least for a year as of today so I won't discuss him further until next summer.

Bryan Ruiz (Besiktas)- Another player who seems to of gone missing since the start of the season, he could be a very useful player for us were he to stay- however his absence in the first team has shown clearly he's going, and in the aftermath of the World Cup he had this is probably the best time to sell him. He's been "going" to Besiktas for the last month basically on and off, however after Ruiz followed Besiktas on Twitter earlier today it looks as if its finally going through.

Fernando Amorebieta (Malaga?)- Amorebieta has gone missing also, and now Dan Burn has been reinstated into the first team I don't personally see a use for him, so once again we should cash in before his contract runs out and squeeze every penny we can get for him

Hugo Rodallega (?)- After Rodallegas tweet which I referred to in my Cardiff Preview, it seems Rodallega is also off. This is a mixed bag in my opinion. Much in the same way as Kenwyne Jones has played in the Championship after being pretty mediocre in the Premier League I could of seen a similar path for Hugo, however it seems as though its not to be, and with the wages he's reported to be on its probably for the best.

Alex Kacaniklic (?)- Aside from a 20 minute cameo when the damage was very much done against Derby he hasn't been seen. As such I think we'll be selling him tomorrow, and he would be a very useful player for quite a few clubs, and given his age he should still command a decent transfer fee which I would hope we'd reinvest.

Marcello Trotta (?)- What to say about him eh? Firstly I never thought he'd still be here at this stage of the transfer window given the fact he handed in a Transfer Request from my memory before the World Cup started, however here we are- and I can see him getting picked up by a Promotion Pushing League 1 team tomorrow, as he would most likely command a nominal fee.

I also think we should send quite a few youngsters out on loan; Chiefly Dembele and Joronen. Dembele for me is a diamond in the rough; and needs at least one season in League 1 or League 2 to adapt fully to a senior game. Joronen I also feel needs more experience before he pulls on a Fulham shirt again, and if we were to send him to League 1 or 2 he could also improve his distribution.

I also think we should loan out;
Sean Kavanagh
Jack Grimmer
Cameron Burgess (if we get Hudson)
Larnell Cole (remember him)

This is everyone who I think could move tomorrow, although there could easily be more.

Thanks again for reading, who do you think will go tomorrow? Feedback is very much appreciated. I'll have a Full Transfer Window review up soon after the Window closes tomorrow, and let me be the first to say; Happy Deadline Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment