Wednesday 20 August 2014

Fulham v Wolves Preview

After a frustrating opening two games, its hard to gauge how satisfied I am. On the one hand we've lost two games in a row scoring just one goal in the process. However we've also dominated both games, and from Ipswich and Millwall fans own admission we had them on the ropes at one stage or another and probably deserved a point.

On to tonights game, Wolves seem a hard team to predict at the moment. They've beaten Norwich, but also lost to Northampton and Rotherham. As such I'm finding it hard to make a prediction with regard to this game. So instead I'm going to focus on what Fulham can do to force a win, and become unplayable for Wolves. Simply put we need more width. Until Pat Roberts comes on in each game we have lacked a substantial amount of width down the right hand side, which our goal machine and top scorer Tim Hoogland can't substantiate on his own. If we're insistent on keeping Pat Roberts to an impact sub role, we need to find another player to play down the right hand side. Although I haven't seen Kay Voser play week-in week-out, from what I have seen he has a lot more pace than Hoogland- and as shown in my ideal team for Wolves I've taken this into consideration. I also believe we should give Cauley Woodrow a chance to shine. So far, from the 4 strikers we've used we have a combined 0 goals. However Woodrow has had the least time in which to score, and his link up play with Pat Roberts against Ipswich was sublime. I also don't know whats happened to Fernando Amorebieta and Dan Burn, because at this stage I believe they are better options than Cameron Burgess- who looked uncertain against Millwall, and as far as I'm aware they aren't injured.

The Team I would pick for tonight's game;
                          Joronen
   Voser      Bodurov     Amorebieta     Stafylidis
                           Hoogland
            Parker                        Hyndman
                             Eisfeld
           Woodrow                McCormack (if not fully fit Rodallega)                

I welcome opinions and feedback, thanks again for reading. I'm hoping while I'm on my way from Putney Bridge tonight I'll be a lot happier than I was on Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment