Sunday 17 August 2014

Summerslam Predictions

Its the slightly above mediocre show of the Summer! And we've got a kinda alright card and this is how I see it going down.

Preshow- RVD v Cesaro
I've got absolutely no idea where they got this match from especially considering the lack of The Wyatts and The Usos in a scheduled match after they had in my opinion the best match at the last PPV. As such this match is hard to call, and it can go either way due to the lack of a storyline.
Winner: Cesaro

Dean Ambrose v Seth Rollins
Before a few days ago I'd of said Ambrose definitely, because for reasons I shall discuss it made the most sense. However the announcement threw a pretty sizable spanner into the prediction works. When we knew we were first getting a rematch at Summerslam I thought they'd add a stipulation that the MITB case would be on the line especially as they had Ambrose rip Rollins' contract up etc. on RAW. However as soon as they added the Lumberjack stipulation I thought it was a nailed on win for Ambrose. But then WWE Studios had to poke their noses in and as a result, the result isn't as clear cut as I thought it would be, and if Ambrose has to take time off as Cena and Big Show (Yes he's still employed) have done recently then it would make more sense for Rollins to win. After much deliberation and considering all of the factors involved.
Winner: Dean Ambrose

A.J. v Paige
This is an interesting one in my opinion, Once again it could go either way, but for very differing reasons to the Ambrose v Rollins match. However I believe the WWE has very little in the way of confidence in Paige's ability to hold the title. And with the majority of winners in the card being heels in my opinion.
Winner: A.J.

The Miz v Dolph Ziggler
If you follow me on twitter (@wheelerdeeler if by some miracle you haven't come here from Twitter) You'll of noticed I've equated Miz' new gimmick to the "Dashing" Cody Rhodes gimmick *Cuts to a different Camera* "Dashing Cody Rhodes. As such I think this feud has quite a lot of potential, especially with Dolph teasing the Superkick in the build to this feud, and I think this feud is going to go until Night of Champions and because of this.
Winner: The Miz

Jack Swagger v Rusev
In my opinion this is a more clear cut result (Which means I'll be wrong). However I can't see a scenario where Swagger doesn't win given the amount of patriotism they've put in (Putin, See what I did there) to Swaggers gimmick. This combined with the fact Rusev won't have to pinned to lose as far as I'm aware of means.
Winner: Jack Swagger

Randy Orton v Roman Reigns
Again, this result is more clear cut in my opinion. Unless Big E has been giving Vince his white powder there's No Chance in Hell they'd have Reigns- who they're seemingly pushing to the moon, lose to Randy who, although he has been champion recently isn't looking like setting the world alight any time soon.
Winner: Roman Reigns

Chris Jericho v Bray Wyatt
Almost everyone expected Bray to go over at Payback, Myself included until I thought about it during the video package before their match. It was Jerichos first PPV back, The feud was clearly going to go for more than a month given Jericho is back until Night of Champions and the ultimate result for this angle will hopefully be Bray going over Jericho clean. Bray said something interesting on Jerichos podcast that came out this Friday, something along the lines of "What makes you think there isn't more of us". I Remember right when the Wyatt vignettes were airing there was a story on the dirtsheets that they were going to add more members to the "Family" but those stories never came to fruition.
Winner: Bray Wyatt w/ A Dirty Finish (Preferably someone coming up from NXT)

Brie Bella v Stephanie McMahon
This in my opinion isn't as hard to call as some people are making out. In my opinion Stephanie will only become a less prominent character when The Authority angle dies down. This combined with the way Nikki was "victimized" by Stephanie, and by wrestling logic its Bries fault for this not the person who ordered the victimization. I think its pretty clear who'll win
Winner: Stephanie McMahon w/ Nikki turning on Brie (Similar to what happened with The Hardy's minus a steel chair)

John Cena v Brock Lesnar
Contrary the Brie v Stephanie match, I honestly believe this match could go either way. Whilst myself and every other wrestling fan who's voices have broken are praying to the Wrestling gods that Brock wins, I'm not as convinced as some. Brocks limited schedule is one of the main reasons I'm doubting this seemingly obvious outcome, This combined with an obvious lack of babyfaces to challenge Brock in the absence of Daniel Bryan is putting this result into serious doubt in my mind. As such I'm going to go down a different route with my predictions.
Winner: John Cena (but he'll take a helluva beating) W/ Seth Rollins cashing in successfully to end the show

Thanks again for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment