Thursday 20 August 2015

TNA: Turning Point Review

Hello! That's right, Impact wasn't offensive to me for two weeks in a row now. I'll get into it during certain segments- but I was on the edge at some points, but I powered through and here we are! I genuinely forgot what the weird name for this show was between last night and starting to write this Review. I first thought it was Tipping Point- which among other things is an ITV Daytime Game-Show, then I thought it was Breaking Point- which is pretty much where TNA as a company are and now we're here with Turning Point!

Jeff Jarrett Opening w/ Karen & EC3 
The one GLOBAL FORCE WRESTLING thing about this segment that GLOBAL FORCE WRESTLING did make me laugh was GLOBAL FORCE WRESTLING Jarrett saying GFW had GLOBAL FORCE WRESTLING woken up the Wrestling World.

I don't know what the definition of "woken up" is- but I don't think GFW has done it. They were a sleeper company for basically a year apart from Wrestle Kingdom which they basically attached their name to, ran a few House Shows at Baseball Stadiums in front of nobody and did a few TV Tapings despite the fact they don't actually have a TV deal. The Wrestling World is presumably a light sleeper. This segment was fine, the stuff about EC3 attacking Bully was weird- it makes sense as to why Karen would blame EC3 for attacking him if you've read the Spoilers. The problem with that is they're either doing the classic Vince Russo stuff of assuming everyone's on the Internet looking at this stuff, or they want to make Dixie look as incompetent as possible- even more so than she's already looked. Within storyline Jeff & Karen are still Babyfaces, so them throwing out accusations without any proof annoyed me. Apart from that it was fine.

Mr. Anderson v Bram- "Open Mic Challenge"
This actually annoyed me. It was a good match, I'll open with that- but come on. This was the perfect example of a stipulation for the sake of a stipulation. Bram/Anderson is a supposed blood feud, so the main objective was to climb a Ladder and retrieve a Mic to use as a weapon. Because all of the other weapons despite using them and most likely hurting more didn't really matter because Anderson wanted something symbolic. It was just such a stupid stipulation, the worst thing for me- these two killed each other for this stupid stip. We had Rolling Senton's onto a Table on the Outside- which by the way made me recoil in fear, Bram could have died during that spot. This match I suppose was good because it felt like someone could actually die during it- but in a way it annoyed me that they went as hard as they did for such a stupid stipulation. This match was pretty much the embodiment of TNA, stupid booking and good wrestling.

The Revolution & Mahabali Shera "thing"
This actually hurt my brain. James Storm is the Heeliest of Heels, he's a Backwoods Cult Leader WHO'S ACTUALLY TRIED TO KILL SOMEONE. So Mahabali Shera who knows all of this because he was in the Cult has come up with a solution. That solution is a very, very strange cross-armed shimmy. That's right, the murderous, villainous Cult Leader is going to be defeated through the power of dance. Yup.

Gail Kim v The Dollhouse- Cage Match
The more I think about this show the more it actually did annoy me. In fact this is almost full circle, because the Impact that was my breaking point featured Gail Kim completely destroying The Dollhouse INSIDE OF A CAGE on her own. So now we've got Gail Kim v The Dollhouse INSIDE OF A CAGE and we were supposed to get into it despite that fact?

This isn't me finding every possible way to TNA bash- look at my RAW Review from last week when I got pissed with Barrett going into the match with Neville after he was squashed by him- it's just stupid. The thing is, with the Barrett thing they can have Stardust start with Neville and get him into a position where Barrett can "pick the bones" and get the heat on him after he's already down- I can accept that. This match had both Gail and the Two "Dolls" on an even footing and it wasn't a complete squash as it was a Month ago. Why? I don't know.

Matt Hardy & EC3 Backstage
It might just be me, but EC3 came off as a complete Babyface during this segment. He beats Matt Hardy fair and square and rather than move on Hardy is continuing to hassle him for another Title match despite the fact he isn't the #1 Contender or beaten someone to even be back in the hunt for the #1 Contender spot.

Drew Galloway v Eli Drake
Firstly, I've got no idea what Drake was wearing Pre-Match. Why he couldn't keep the duct tape "#SitDown" T-Shirt gimmick- at least for this match I don't know. But yeah, the match was good, I have an issue with any "blood feud" match that featured among other things Chin-Locks, but I've pretty much accepted that it's a regular feature in "modern" Wrestling. However, I really did like the finish and the match in general was fine.

Velvet Sky & Gail Kim TORTURE Taryn Terrell
Oh My God. Apart from a few good matches this show was awful. Either Vince Russo is back or there's some as equally bad at booking Women in TNA. The two Babyfaces gang up on Taryn, HANDCUFF her while she's crying and just freaking out before sending the Camera away with it being implied that they were going to torture her. What Babyfaces these two are to gang up, handcuff and torture a crying woman.

Eric Young & Chris Melendez Promo
IT GOT WORSE! I genuinely woke up and got ready to do this Review thinking it was an alright show. I suppose I need to take my own advice when it comes to the RAW on Monday and it not being a good show, but explaining because it had a good end people might have left thinking it was a good one. This show was horrible. Eric Young (who I still love) wants to take Melendez's leg- just cos. I won't spoil what happens in case anyone reading this doesn't like them- like anyone could possibly give a fuck, but this feud could actually beat the Mickie James getting murdered angle for Worst Feud of the Year.

Matt Hardy v Tyrus
At least Hardy has somewhat of a basis for another match with EC3 now. I'm not sure why beating Tyrus- who I'm pretty sure hasn't actually won a match since he squashed Shark Boy in his first one would qualify him for a World Title match- but at least they're giving us somewhat of a reason for it.

EC3 v PJ Black- TNA Title
Firstly, PJ's Theme is great- I think I missed it last week but I love it now. This match was equally great. Both of these guys are great workers, I know that may surprise some of you and they just went out there and had a Wrestling match. Who would have thought that a Wrestling match would be one of, if not the best segment on the show? After we got Dixie giving the show to Jarrett, as said last week- how many times has Dixie been booked as completely incompetent? There's no chance (no chance in hell) that Vince would be booked like this so often.

As already said, a combination of the EC3 match and just being hopelessly tired last night between the Fulham game and everything that came with it- I actually left thinking it was a decent show. Sometimes you only realise how bad a show was in hindsight, and this was a very bad show. I'm not going on another boycott (yet) because it did feature some good Wrestling- but come on, how hard is it to book a good show.

Thanks for reading as always, depending on when you are either stay tuned or head over for the Summerslam Predictions which'll be posted a few hours after this one because I'll be plugging them on Sunday as well. Thanks again for reading, I hope you're all looking forward to Summerslam, NXT etc. this weekend and stay tuned for all of the posts as well. I honestly want to see a good Impact, I don't like burying it believe it or not- but they should be called out for their stupidity. Fire Russo *clap clap clapclapclap*.

No comments:

Post a Comment