Tuesday 30 June 2015

RAW Review: 29th June

Hello! It's another RAW Review, I'm massively running out of witty remarks for this opening gambit- but Yes, it's a RAW Review- which means a lot of crushing disappointment and basic logic being thrown out the window. Yay! Anyway after last weeks RAW that was really flat we were led into this weeks RAW where with no Brock booked and the announcement of the most repetitive Main Event ever it didn't look good heading into the show. But did it surprise anyone?

Seth Rollins does... Something
When I was watching this Last Night I wasn't sure if I really hated or completely loved this segment. Now that I've thought about it and of course slept on it I'm going down on the side of loving this segment. Yes, it was completely stupid- but that was the point. In a weird way it reminded me of the "Hug It Out" segment in that they probably told Seth "You've got 15 Minutes, Go Out there and do it". I fully understand people hating this segment- I'm just not one of those people- End of the Day I was laughing so it was job done.

Big Show v Mark Henry
At least it was short. The only highlight for this was Miz on Commentary his "This is What WWE is all about" line whether it was meant to be ironic or not got a laugh out of me.

Ryback v The Miz
For what it was I liked it- it put over Ryback as the Strong IC Champion and Miz as the cowardly Heel all while protecting to an extent both guys by not having them take a Pin. Also I'm not sure if they planned it as such or the Ref got a voice in his head telling them to "go home" but the Ref calling for the Bell after about 4 when Miz bolted was weird and I don't think I've ever seen that before. Either way it was a mistake because Miz was going to come back and win the Match. #JusticeForMiz.

Paige v Alicia Fox
After my Divas piece last week it was my intention to leave these segments blank until there was a marked change in the Division. However, Last Night was a nice change of pace. For once a Divas Match got the crowd invested into the match- and for about 10 Minutes both Women put on a good match. What do you know, there wasn't a Bella involved in said 10 Minute good match that got the crowd invested. It's almost as if the crowd don't actually care about the Bellas.

Cesaro v John Cena
Cena's Open Challenge was back- and it was as great as ever. I tweeted as Cesaro came out that I was all for this match because Cena/Cesaro was one of my Match of the Year Candidates last year- and while I wouldn't say it was as good as last year's offering this was still straight out of the top draw. There are some pairings that just "click" and Cesaro and Cena is definitely one of those pairings- although in fairness Cesaro "clicks" with literally everyone other than RVD it seems. This was just a great match- and the best thing about it all, they actually felt the need to protect Cesaro for the finish. I'm sure pretty much everyone expected Cena to power through AA Cesaro and then get blind-sided by Owens (who's commentary reminded me quite a lot of Punk's) so for him to take out Cesaro and then Cena did a great job and was the perfect finish. I suppose we can add Cesaro to the list of people Owens is feuding with now as well, I think he's angling for his own Royal Rumble.

Quick Point before I move on- I genuinely am trying to get this Cesaro Post out, but the last two Friday's have been really weird and hectic for me so I hope you understand and I'd rather when I do put it out to be quality rather than rushed.

Bray Wyatt Promo
It's so nice to see Bray has something he can really sink his teeth into again, because even myself as a huge Bray fan wasn't getting into the Ryback stuff. I'll repeat what I've said a few times now- you can say Bray's Promos/Promo Style "isn't for you" but calling his Promos boring or pointless is naive- if you actually listen to what Bray is saying it makes perfect sense.

The Lucha Dragons & The Primetime Players v New Day & Bo Dallas
I'm not sure what to think of this match if I'm honest. On the one hand it was a pretty solid match- and did as good a job as an 8 Man Tag Match can do- but on the other this match was way, way too long for what it was- and that was a throwaway 8 Man Tag just to fit everyone on the card. I don't know if I'm saying that because I wasn't expecting it to go as long as it did and that fact caught me off guard- but I didn't really get into the match until Titus had his little flurry right toward the end.

Ziggler & Lana/Rusev & Summer Rae Segment
I'm not on board with the Ziggler/Lana pairing- and I still say Rusev is coming off as the Babyface in this whole thing. That said, the Crowds Reaction to Lana finally getting physical with someone- combined with them finally giving Summer something to stick her teeth into means I'm not totally against this as I have been. While this may be up in the air with Dolph's rumoured Contract Issues I can see them doing a double-turn with Dolph and Summer eventually being the Heels. But for now I's assume it's going to be a Mixed-Tag at Battleground where it'll be interesting to see if Lana can actually wrestle. As much as I want to get behind Lana (no, not in that way) if she's useless in the ring then she should stay out of the ring.

Ambrose & Reigns Segment
I hope Ambrose is happy with himself- he got Roman all hyped up before it was time for their match, and as a result Stan is now dead.

Sheamus v Neville
For the throwaway filler match that this was it was pretty good. You can say what you want about Sheamus but he does know how to use a crowd to get what he wants out of said crowd and any match involving these two is going to have to go some way in order to be bad. The one question I do want answering is simply, Where the Hell is Orton? They literally started his feud with Sheamus and then a week later he went missing with no explanation.

King Barrett v Jack Swagger
This was fine for what it was as was the previous match- I think we were all surprised Swagger ended up on RAW for the first time in forever. But I think it's more surprising that Barrett has actually strung together 2 Wins on RAW in a row, even if they were against jobbers.

Kane & Seth Rollins v Ambrose & Reigns- No DQ Match
When this match started up I was all for it- it was hectic and all 4 Guys were in the ring which was a must for me, because it was a No DQ Match. Then we came back from the Ad Break and they'd reverted to the rules of a normal Tag Match- Why? It's not that I didn't like the match, because I did- I just wanted it to be more chaotic and have more stuff happening. Bray's interference was actually a nice change of pace because with the exception of Brock, Bray is the first guy to breach that Main Event segment in seemingly forever and it was refreshing for Bray to close the show so for that I do give them credit.

This whole episode was quite strange, nearly everything was pretty solid at a minimum last night but for some reason I went to Bed feeling quite empty- and I can't even really pinpoint why.

Anyway, Thanks for reading as always- Like I said I truly am trying to get the Cesaro Post out ASAP and I'll try my best to get it out this week so hopefully stay tuned for that- also apologies for this being up a bit later than usual but I had a Hospital Appointment so, Yeah I couldn't do anything about it. Thanks again for reading, If you want you can join me Tonight for Tough Enough where the Hunt for the next Silent Rage continues, thanks again and have a good week before we all go into mourning for the death of Kofi Kingston. NEW... DAY DIES, NEW... DAY DIES.

No comments:

Post a Comment