Tuesday 9 June 2015

RAW Review: 8th June

Hello! It's another RAW Review, aren't you lucky ducks. It was the go-home show for Money in the Bank so you had to hope WWE would somewhat up their game in order to get people even vaguely interested in the PPV and the Card. Last Night was definitely an interesting night from my perspective- but that's all I'll say on that because I'm not going to give a certain someone the time of day. If you were tagging along last night you'll know what I'm talking about. Anyway, enough about stupid Bellas Fans- you came here for ramblings about the RAW last night.

The Authority Opening Pro- Hang On, What? 
Cena, Owens Opening Promo
The Promos weren't the best we've seen from either guy in this feud- but that was compensated somewhat by it being the Open to the Show and it feeling refreshing because of that fact. "Most Anticipated Rematch in WWE History" it isn't, that spot is reserved for Torito v The Gator- but it's general hype stuff so I'm not going to get wound up about that like I've seen some people do. Owens' Promo was good, and it helped set up the first match- although as the night unfolded and it became clear that there wasn't going to be a US Open Challenge this segment annoyed me more because Cena just dropped the Open Challenge because Neville went for the NXT Belt. Neville's promo was a pretty standard one but it did the job and set up the first match.

Kevin Owens v Neville
I've had to go back and re-watch this because my Brother doesn't know how to take a screenshot but it was so, so worth it. Unless I'm mistaken this was only the second time these two have faced off with each other in their current forms with the other being nearly 4 Months ago so this definitely felt like a fresh pairing and this match was just quality. If I had to really nitpick Neville going to the Top Rope so often in the crescendo to the match didn't sit well with me and given how innovative both guys can be I wish they'd have gone a different way at some point with which to set the finish up. But as I said this is really nitpicking and given the match that preceded it I can forgive it.

Seth Rollins Backstage Promo with Trips & Steph
Who would have thought that they could set up a Main Event match and the groundwork of the story for said Main Event in under 15 minutes?

Nikki Bella v Summer Rae
.

MITB Promo Hype stuff
It's not that the other stuff the people involved in this segment did was bad- but it's not a stretch to say R-Truth stole the show. I think it was made better just because with the position he's in on the card you just assumed he was in the Money in the Bank Match. I don't often laugh at WWE Segments but this really did make me laugh. Of course I would be selling my sould if I didn't acknowledge New Day. NEW... DAY ROCKS, NEW... DAY ROCKS, NEW... DAY ROCKS, NEW... DAY ROCKS.

Sheamus v Randy Orton
This was such a fresh pairing, this was one of those RAW matches that was truly must see- and one of a kind. Seeing at this was seemingly Copy & Pasted from the RAW Script last week I feel it's only right that I also do the same for the Review.

I think it was around 5 minutes before RAW started and someone just said "Hey Vince, Randy's here- he's near a purse we should probably give him something tonight". We ended up with Orton v Sheamus which we've literally never seen before. The match was alright, but both guys are capable of so much more than a throwaway filler match- like for instance feuding over the IC Title which would elevate it because both guys are former WWE Champions and two of the biggest guys on the Roster.

Rollins Makes the Worst Mistake of his Life. 
Rollins antagonised Joey Mercury. Joey Mercury actually spoke, it was at this point Rollins knew the only thing to do was to run and hide.

Kane v Dolph Ziggler
Let's just ignore the Rusev and Lana stuff and all that jazz. Kane actually won a match, if Mercury being unleashed wasn't enough of a warning this is true proof that the end is night. Hug your Children and pray.

Also, Rusev and Lana truly are soulmates- they can have Broken Feet together. #RelationshipGoals

MizTV w/ Ryback and Big Show
This wasn't a complete dud of a segment, I have to admit I'm surprised how much the crowd has taken to Ryback and it does give me hope of him getting the IC Title to a Credible Level, however it simply won't happen while he's facing Big Show. Big Show's main selling point now is his size and people hitting power moves on him- and Ryback hit the Shellshocked on him last night, which has annoyed me because unless they're planning to have Ryback drop the belt to Show the Shellshocked on him should have been the money spot and saved for Sunday.

Rowan & Harper v Los Matadores
This was too short to be anything of note, The Promo after was surprisingly good- I haven't heard Harper talk with a Live Mic that often but the just has a certain presence about him and his promos (at least for me) really connect. I'm interested to see who the "You/Your" is with regard to the Promos but I guess only time will tell on that front. Them using the 3D isn't that big of a deal for me, I would have preferred the Kick and Full Nelson Slam but I try not to get hung up on that sort of stuff and it of course opens up the possibility of The Dudley's coming back in for a feud which Bubba is clearly angling for.

Big E v Titus O'Neil
The match itself wasn't that good in terms of quality- but just because of how great New Day are this still became one of the highlights of the night. Whether it was Xavier running around screaming "#MinisterOfMash" or Big E getting Titus into an abdominal stretch and timing his Punches to the "NEW... DAY SUCKS" beat. This was a short match, but these two proved that a short-time span doesn't always have to mean a forgettable match.

Roman Reigns v Kofi Kingston
This may sound ludicrous to some, but for me these are the only two choices I can see for the win of the Briefcase on Sunday. Roman because of obvious reasons, but I genuinely think Kofi has a shot- the fact he's facing Brock in about a month combined with how great and over New Day have become means you truly can't rule Kofi out as a candidate. It may be wishful thinking to an extent- I just want to see New Day claim the Freebird Rule over the Briefcase so they have two failed cash-ins and win it on the Third "No, That was Xavier's Cash-In".

J&J v Seth Rollins
I've seen some- well a lot of people complaining about the finish to this match saying Rollins losing to J&J etc. is stupid. Despite the fact there was literally interference from all sides on more than one occasion- and Rollins had the match won on more than once occasion. Rollins hasn't been booked well since he won the Title- Heel Champions seemingly never are for some reason, but I do think some people are going a bit over board with it all. Take out the finish and this match for me told a great story, Jamie Noble was popping a crowd with a Hot-Tag in 2015 in a Main Event! It was a classic underdog story and you only have to listen to the crowd to know that it worked.

Thanks for reading as always, last night was possibly the furthest thing it could be from a go-home show for a PPV and it just didn't have that feel to it, then again if you give yourself two weeks to build the PPV that's what happens. Anyway, the Impact Reviews will be back on Thursday- I'm aiming to put up a Booking Blog this week so feel free to give me suggestions either on here in the Comments or on Twitter which I'm assuming you've all come from. Anyway, stay tuned for all of those and of course the Predictions/Review for Money in the Bank before we're back this time next week for another RAW Review, it's almost as if these RAW things are weekly. Anyway, thanks again for reading, and let's all chuck our life savings on Kofi to win MITB.

No comments:

Post a Comment