Sunday 14 June 2015

Money in the Bank Predictions

Hello! It's another one of these Predictions Blogs- it's almost as if WWE insanely decided to do a "PPV" every two weeks in a desperate attempt to get subscribers to the Network- but that'd never happen, right? Time just goes by quicker when you're having fun! Anyway, this PPV is an interesting one with a few exceptions in my opinion nearly every match doesn't have an obvious winner which makes it a nightmare for people like myself doing Accumulators- but it gives the PPV an interesting dynamic, and while the PPV hasn't necessarily been built well the actual matches should be quite good. There's so many possibilities that could come around tonight that I'm actually interested in how tonight's going to play out in spite of the build- or rather lack thereof for the PPV. Anyway- enough Rambling; DON'T BE SOWWWWAAAAAHHHHHH, sit back, relax and FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL DAAAAA POOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH.

Pre-Show: King Barrett v R-Truth
We're starting early with the matches I have absolutely no clue over- that's not because of the amazing build that'll have everyone questioning their whole perception of the business, it's just both guys have absolutely zero momentum heading into this match. Well, unless you count the R-Truth thing on RAW as him building some momentum. Barrett has looked so bad since he won the King of the Ring it's unreal as such you can never say with any sort of certainty that he will win tonight, then when you factor in the "Babyface Wins on Pre-Show" standard booking decision it would seem as though Truth has the more likely chance of winning. However, considering the current track record of having an unannounced match on the Pre-Show- although I doubt Stardust will take part in said match combined with what you could call stupidity I do think Barrett will win. 
Winner: King Barrett

New Day v The Primetime Players- Tag Title
This match isn't here by coincidence (more later) and it's also one of the more straightforward matches on the card from the outcome perspective. While the PTP have put a bit of a run together there's no way New Day should be dropping the Belts because they're arguably the best part of the current Product and just generally great. 
Winner: It's a New Day, Yes it is. 

Ryback v Big Show- IC Title
The Shellshocked to Show on Monday did put a bit of doubt in my mind for the outcome of this- because as I said in my RAW Review the Shellshocked to Show should have been the money spot for the match tonight, it's for that reason that there is a tiny bit of doubt in my mind with the outcome of this- but at the same time I have to believe they put the Belt on Ryback for a reason. One possible outcome is The Miz doing a run-in and causing a DQ- however I can't really see it and I'll just attribute the Shellshocked on Monday to them being horrendously short-term in their thinking and moving on. 
Winner: Ryback

MITB Ladder Match
This is an interesting match- also me positioning the match here isn't by coincidence. By all right you'd just say Roman will win it and move on- and while I do think that is the most likely outcome as I've been saying for a bit of time now you honestly can't rule Kofi out, which is something I definitely didn't think I'd be saying a couple of months ago. There's a few things to look out for in this match- for instance the other two members of New Day coming and and screaming to the Refs "FREEBIRD RULE" before they try and get the Briefcase and both go on the Ladder for some reason before the Ladder gets pushed off and they both go through a Table- If you're reading this Creative, you can have that one for free. Then we get onto the obvious spots from the likes of Neville etc. and I'd expect there to be some sort of Lana shenanigans as well to stop Dolph from winning whether that's Lana costing Dolph the match and realigning with Rusev or Rusev costing Dolph the match much to the chagrin of Lana. Anyway, conditioning this on I'm not ruling Kofi out...
Winner: Roman Reigns

Kevin Owens v John Cena
This may be when these Predictions fall apart because of my blind optimism. The way Owens won at the Elimination Chamber gives me a lot of hope with regard to the value they see in Owens, so the standard response of Cena getting his win back may not apply to Owens- or rather I hope it doesn't. That said I also can't see Owens winning Clean again so I can see this going either way. I think the most likely outcome from this match is also what I predicted from the match two weeks ago in that Owens will win with Shenanigans as Brock did at Night of Champions or Cena will win by DQ/Count Out or some other way with which to protect Owens.

Nikki Bella v Paige- Divas Title
Nikki's going to beat AJ's record- I think that's pretty much established now, and the fact there isn't any legitimate contenders to Nikki's belt pretty much makes the record a moot point anyway. So I'm going to make a really bold prediction for this match. This match will be completely forgettable- I've gone out there with that one.
Winner: Nikki Bella

Seth Rollins v Dean Ambrose
I may be in the minority here- but I don't think we'll be seeing a Cash-In today, which of course rules out the Ambrose Win & Roman cash-in/Heel Turn. I know the way Rollins has been booked thus far as Champion directly contradicts what I think will happen tonight, but with Brock's Return just around the Corner I think WWE will make a real effort between now and Summerslam to legitimise Rollins, as such I genuinely think Rollins will beat Ambrose clean tonight to prove he can do it on his own. I'm going to put my stake in the ground early for when I do think Roman will Cash-In and I'm going to say in a Deja Vu way at Summerslam Reigns will Cash-In during the Rollins v Lesnar rematch and win the Belt by Pinning Rollins. Either way I can only see Rollins winning tonight, and in arguably a bigger swerve than the Roman Cash-In on Ambrose that seemingly everyone is talking about Rollins will win Clean. 
Winner: Seth Rollins

As always with these Predictions feel free to tell me where you think I've gone wrong and let's all come back here at 4:01 to see just how wrong I was!

Thanks for reading as always, these Predictions are always fun to do so I hope you enjoyed them. As always feedback is appreciated on any of these blogs- and if you haven't already I'd recommend going back and reading my booking blog "Finn Balor: The Demon Inside". Anyway, thanks again for reading, I hope you'll be tagging along on Twitter tonight- but if you're not stay tuned for the Review tomorrow and then the RAW Review on Tuesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment