Thursday 2 July 2015

TNA: Bell to Bell Review

Hello! It's another Impact Review- and in the case of Last Night it was "Bell to Bell" which unless I completely missed the point was for them to air matches uninterrupted hence "Bell to Bell" so either I missed the point or they did because I saw way too many BBQ Pitmaster Adverts when I wanted to see some Wrasslin. With this episode being pretty much the most hyped up TNA card of the year I'd say we should all have rightly expected big things- so the question that needs answering is of course, Did it Deliver?

The BDC v The Rising
I really liked this match- it told a really good story from all sides and really put over The BDC again after as I discussed last week their feud with The Rising should by all rights have been over already. Whether it was the Eli Drake "injury" or the Galloway "last stand" so to speak this lot told a really good story and for that I really have to give them credit. Would I have preferred Low Ki to get a bit more of a send off- Yes, I don't see why he couldn't have won the match for the BDC and then in a Backstage thing act all remorseful and then get killed by his own Crew. Then again, that's a small thing and it shouldn't take away from what was a good match.

Magnus, Mickie & Storm Promos
It was kinda weird Storm wasn't gloating about Slammiversary right? This was fine- there wasn't anything massively wrong with the segment or the Promos, but you're just reminded how shockingly bad the angle is every time you try and even remotely praise it.

The Wolves v The Dirty Heels- 30 Min Iron-Man Match
It's not that I didn't like this match- because I did. There was just so much missing from this match that would have taken it to another level. For example, it's an Iron-Man Match and they didn't have a Scoreboard up; unless I've really missed the point surely a part of the Iron Man Match is to have a scoreboard so you can see what the Score is and how much time is left. Then we move onto another problem I had with the match- and event as a whole. Having an Ad Break during an Iron-Man match was a complete killer for me, it massively interrupted the story they were trying to tell and also pretty much went "You're not going to miss a Pin" which is directly contrary to what the Iron-Man Match should be about. Speaking of Pins- I'm not suggesting it should have ended 47-46, but not having a Pin until pretty much the last 5 Minutes annoyed me to an extent because they might as well have just made it a normal Match with a 30 Minute Time Limit- and also maybe I'm thinking too much, but I think it'd have been a nice touch for as the bell rang to have Eddie tapping just to put over how close it was while still having the Wolves win. Like I said right at the start- It's not that I didn't like this match because I did, there was just too many things I could see wrong with it that prevented it going to that "next level" that to be honest you expected when you saw the two Teams and the Stipulation.

Taryn Terrell v Brooke v Kong
It's actually getting to the point "Doll Parts" is genuinely annoying me- and not in a good "Heel Heat" way. It just doesn't suit wrestling or the wrestling environment at all- it's arguably the most depressing theme in Wrestling History. The match was fine- although I had to laugh because SPOILER ALERT I thought last night was the night Brooke won the Belt so that really caught me off guard IT'S SAFE TO COME BACK.

Jeff Jarrett Interview
It's obvious they're GLOBAL FORCE WRESTLING going for an invasion angle GLOBAL FORCE WRESTLING but my problem with this GLOBAL FORCE WRESTLING whole thing is that GFW isn't an established entity and GLOBAL FORCE WRESTLING any invasion angle is just going to fall flat- if you put a gun GLOBAL FORCE WRESTLING to my head I wouldn't be able to name you 5 GFW stars. Also, did it annoy anyone else as much GLOBAL FORCE WRESTLING as me how they literally crammed GLOBAL FORCE WRESTLING in even when it didn't really fit.

EC3 v Kurt Angle- TNA WHC Match
Given the Trouble Trouble Trouble the company is in it could very well be that EC3 is the last TNA World Heavyweight Champion and it really is fitting. TNA has done an awful lot of stuff wrong- I'm the first person to say it, but with EC3 they've truly got it bang on. The match was great and it told a good story- and of course with the Roll-Up Finish it keeps it open enough for Angle to say he wasn't "beaten beaten" if that makes sense and'll of course set up the Rematch where EC3 will once again prove he is very good. The only issue I had with this match was that it wasn't live. It's not something you can really quantify- Title Changes always seem to mean more when you don't know it's coming, even if the outcome is pretty obvious, but that's just a slight issue I had with what was otherwise a great match.

I don't think I've been happier to see a Title Win since Bryan at Mania 30, like I've said in a few different posts it was myself and about 12 other people who watched NXT Redemption regularly and I hated Derrick Bateman with a passion and was all about Johnny Curtis just because of how absurd his whole gimmick was. It goes without saying I don't think many people batted an eye when EC3 was released- but whoever saw that little spark in EC3 and hired him for the role he was to be put in is a genius and deserves to be paid only a week late. It's been just so good to see EC3 develop over nearly 2 Years now and for the first time in a Long-Time I'm genuinely excited for next weeks Impact.

Last Night was a really fun show- and it was nice to have 3 reasonably long matches on the card and to have the focus on the in-ring action even if the "Bell to Bell" concept was flawed.

Thanks for reading as always, I'm definitely going to be back on Saturday for the "Beast in the East" Review where the Review may just be a eulogy for Kofi. So Yeah I'll be back for that for definite. Thanks again for reading- I'm just so happy to see EC3 win the Belt- and all we can hope for is that TNA's Trouble Trouble Trouble doesn't stop his Title Reign matching it's full potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment