Sunday 22 February 2015

Fast Lane Predictions

Its WWE Fast Lane, which is on Oscar Night- one is a self-aggrandising spectacle used to satiate ego's- the other is the Oscars. Yes I'll be using that joke a lot.

This should be an interesting PPV, there are some good pairings in my opinion- and we could get some good matches. That said all of this will be for nothing if the outcome of the Main Event leads to another Nuclear reaction.

Anyway lets get predictin'.

As far as I'm aware the only thing slated for the Pre-Show is MizTV with Heyman so in turn there's no match to be predicted for- although I can see an impromptu match with Mizdow happening.

The Triple H, Sting stuff isn't a match- but its pretty clear what'll happen. HHH will come out and cut a promo- there'll be Sting related shenanigans, with him gaining control of the Arena Lights for the night with no Wyatt segment due (more later) with Sting in my opinion simply coming in- pointing to the Mania sign & then leaving. Simplicity will be the key to the success or failure of this segment.

The Uso's v Cesaro & Tyson Kidd- Tag Team Championship
The whole card is full of matches that could go either way- and this isn't an exception. On the one hand Cesaro & Kidd have been a breath of fresh air for the Tag Team Division (at least in my opinion). BUT I can't see them taking the belts off of The Uso's this close to Mania- as much as I would like it to happen so...
Winner: The Uso's

Nikki Bella v Paige- Divas Championship
This one is on balance one of the more straightforward ones. Similar to The Uso's I can't see the WWE taking the strap off of Nikki this close to Mania- but more so in Nikki's case because well, Cena. Unfortunately I can't see Nikki dropping the belt this side of Mania, however I can't see her having the belt for much longer after that- I have a really strange feeling Alicia Fox could be getting a Title Run soon as a transitional champion for one of Charlotte, Paige and Sasha Banks.
Winner: Nikki Bella

Goldust v Stardust
If you're following me on Twitter you'll know I've gone slightly left-field given Goldust has been on the receiving end of Stardust's Cosmic Wrath. But it is said Cosmic Wrath that'll mean Goldust picks up the win- via DQ in order to hold this angle over until Mania where Stardust, who I hope has reverted to Cody Rhodes by then will beat Goldust- who as a left-field shot I wish would wrestle as Dustin Rhodes in traditional trunks/tights.
Winner: Goldust via DQ

Seth Rollins, Kane & Big Show v Dolph Ziggler, Ryback & Erick Rowan
The way I see this match- somebody is turning. The obvious thing to do given the build is to have another Big Show turn, with him turning on his team KO'ing both and leaving the other team to pick up the pinfall. While I haven't seen much to base this next statement off- I think WWE has more imagination than that- and I think we'll see Ziggler turning heel with Ryback being pinned. This will then through various circumstances give us a Throwaway Triple Threat at Mania- before a Heel Ziggler can move on to greater horizons (before they drop the ball on him again).
Winner: Seth Rollins, Kane & Big Show

Bad News Barrett v Dean Ambrose- Intercontinental Championship
A lot of people are predicting Ambrose for this match, and while I understand why- I don't agree. I've said repeatedly with regard to the Titles that I can't see them changing the title holder this close to Mania. On balance this is the one of the three titles on the line that is most likely to change hands. I don't even know fully why I don't think Ambrose will lose to Bad News Barrett- call it the ridiculously one-sided build in Ambrose's favour.
Winner: Bad News Barrett

John Cena v Rusev
If you've noticed me putting the winner of each match first in my Match Title's (subtleties eh?) you might be groaning at this point- but its not what you think. I don't think we'll be seeing the Phenomenon known as Supercena making an appearance tonight, and I think Rusev will most definitely come out of the match looking the better of the two. I can see Rusev beating Cena to the point where he will get DQ'd, or a countout victory on Cena's part. This feud should in effect be the "What Should have been" between Cena & Bray last year, with Bray getting the memorable win at Mania- and Cena getting questionable wins either side so he's won on aggregate.
Winner: John Cena via DQ/Count Out

Roman Reigns v Daniel Bryan- #1 Contender Match
Now I've pointed out that "Putting the winner first" thing you're groaning even more now right? But again- its not what you think. This is a theory that 99% won't come true- BUT it would be gold on all levels in my opinion and get everyone where they need to be for the Mania build. I'll start by saying a Triple Threat is the most likely scenario now- I still think Roman will win, and depending on Brock's contract status they could turn it into an Elimination Triple-Threat and similar to Taz at Anarchy Rulz we'll have a new Champion guaranteed early on. Anyway how do we get to this scenario?

Remember when I said "more later" with regard to Bray Wyatt? Well... See where I'm going with this. We've had roughly a month of Promo's from Bray now- and I think he needs to have a presence at this PPV. Similar to the way Bray was reintroduced at Hell in a Cell and but it'll end the match in a Double DQ/No Contest. Everyone's Happy right? But as I've said- that isn't likely to happen, and I can see someone like Sheamus costing Bryan the match if they're going down the Reigns v Lesnar route. Or a basic No Contest, Both down for a 10 Count scenario- but my way is so much better right?
Winner: No Contest

I think this PPV could really deliver- but you should forgive me if I don't have much faith in WWE to deliver at the moment. Anyway, it remains to be seen- and I will approach it with an open mind. The fact its Free on Sky Sports 1 helps mind.

Thanks for reading as always, Unless this one completely lead balloons and doesn't get me 2 Reads this'll get me over the 2000 Mark viewership wise for February- so thanks to everyone who's been reading these, because its almost 6 Months to the day that I did my first Wrestling Blog- which coincidentally was also a PPV Prediction Blog. So as I said thank you for progressing my blog this far in such a short amount of time- I seriously wasn't expecting this to be anything more than an outlet. Its Oscar season, so if these types of blogs are Blockbusters trying to appeal to as wide an audience as possible- one of my next blogs is going to be my Art-house project basically saying a lot more about me, and how I've come to wanting to write and Soccerball and indeed Wrasslin. So stay tuned for all of that- and I hope you join me on the Fast Lane (see what I did there) to Wrestlemania.

No comments:

Post a Comment