Sunday 14 December 2014

TLC: Predictions

Hey! These blogs are almost becoming daily again, and we're here for another PPV; and its the last one of the calendar year. With some ludicrous stipulations, some potentially great matches- and some not so great it can be a very mixed bag tonight.

Before I start, Usually I do an accumulator the day before, so I make my mind up the day before I do this blog and use that as a reference point and build my arguments around the prediction I've already made. But for some reason PaddyPower didn't let me do an accumulator and I didn't have the desire to put on 8 Separate bets, so if I'm waffling on a bit at any point during this blog its because I'm simply writing down my thought process and trying to make my own mind up.

Stardust and Goldust v New Day
In the week I asked the question if this feud was a hint at Religion v Science, and the general consensus was WWE wouldn't be smart enough to think of that. This match is pretty straightforward for a number of reasons, The Babyface generally wins the Pre-Show match, The New Day are a new gimmick, The Dusts have little to no momentum; for once it really is this simple.
Winner: New Day

Erick Rowan v Big Show: Steel Stairs Match
In one of the most bizarre stipulations we've got Rowan and Show in a Steel Stairs match. I don't know how they'll build this match, I don't even know how you win the match. I'm guessing its a Pinfall, but I don't know the circumstances around how you're allowed to get the pin. This match is one of 4 that could either way on this PPV, out of a total of eight. This isn't to say this match is particularly intriguing, but I honestly don't see an obvious winner. Rowan is getting a little bit of a push as of later, but so is Show to an extent- and with the lack of credible heel characters now The Authority have been vanquished;
Winner: Big Show

Kane v Ryback: Chairs Match
My memory isn't that good for mediocre PPVs, however I think it was TLC 2013 where we had the giant chair finish. I think this'll be the most one-sided match on the card, including Rusev v Swagger with Ryback going over really convincingly to make up for his early elimination at Survivor Series last month. This match will almost be what I proposed for Survivor Series with Ryback (or Cena) eliminating Kane quickly. I don't know how the chairs will come into play, but I've got a feeling there'll be one or two ridiculously stiff shots in this match given the two guys involved.
Winner: Ryback

A.J. v Nikki Bella: Divas Title Match
I'd hoped this match would get some kind of stipulation, and I don't mean the bullshit "Lumberjill" stipulation they usually stick the Divas with. As such we're stuck with a vanilla Title Match, with a pretty straightforward outcome. Its pretty common knowledge that A.J.s days are numbered now, and presumably with Brie running interference
Winner: Nikki Bella

Jack Swagger v Rusev
This'll be the third time these two have faced off out of a total of twelves PPVs in this calendar year baring in mind Rusev didn't make his first PPV appearance (excluding the Rumble) until April thats completely ridiculous. I think this is the match that could steal the spotlight away from the Main Event matches, depending on how much time they're given. The aggressive nature in which Swagger has been built in the lead to the PPV has done wonders for his character. Although the outcome is a given the match could be a really good.
Winner: Rusev

The Usos v The Miz's: Tag Title Match
Without the risk of over thinking this, I think this could go either way. The Usos won Tag Team of the Year on RAW, and they've started teasing dissension between the two Miz's. However, I think its still a bit too early for them to fully break up- and I also think WWE is smart enough to realise the Stunt Double gimmick, and selling to thin air is whats getting Mizdow over; and they need to build him up a bit more before letting him loose. There is of course the added ingredient of Naomi, I have a strange feeling she could be turning heel on the Usos and aligning herself with Miz in the near future. Which opens up a number of different options, one of them could be Mizdow getting a Stunt Naomi.
Winner: The Miz's

Dolph Ziggler v Luke Harper: Intercontinental Title Ladder Match
This is a really tricky one. On the one hand Dolph is putting together a really good run, and after Survivor Series he arguably has the most forward momentum in the company. However, on the other hand The IC Title is somewhat of a glass ceiling- and after Survivor Series I'd argue giving Dolph the belt would be hitting the rewind button and rebuilding the ceiling that Dolph shattered through last month. The stipulation of the Ladder Match is also an interesting factor given the fact neither of these two have to be pinned which does shield them to an extent, and with Harpers size- and athletic ability combining with Dolph this match could be something special.
Winner: Luke Harper

Bray Wyatt v Dean Ambrose: TLC
As I write this section of my blog, I honestly have no idea who's name I'll be putting in bold come the end of this paragraph. Although by the logic that Bray won last month its Ambroses turn, however Bray winning by DQ and then getting destroyed throws a spanner in the works. That combined with the fact Ambrose got one over on Bray on the last RAW before a PPV, which is usually a surefire sign they'll be losing on the PPV makes the result of this match like a pendulum. However, with Wrestlemania season just around the corner and the start power of the two guys involved- also the fact its a TLC Match which is the standard blowoff match
Winner: Dean Ambrose

John Cena v Seth Rollins: Tables Match
I've seen almost everyone saying Cena will win, to the point the bookies have Cena as firm favourite for the match- but I don't see a scenario where Cena wins. Yes, there is the stipulation that Cena will lose his #1 Contender spot. But, with the fact its a Tables Match and Cena all but gave away the end of the match on Monday when he put over the fact he doesn't need to have been pinned or submit. That combined with the fact the babyface went over in the Main Event last month makes the outcome of this pretty straightforward in my opinion.
Winner: Seth Rollins

Thanks as always for reading, this card has the potential to make this one of the better PPVs, despite some obvious stinkers. As usual I'll be keeping my scorecard for the PPV and after my disaster last month hopefully I'll be doing better tonight.




2 comments:

  1. AJ Lee is not leaving wwe anytime soon and i think brie will cost nikki the title tonight and that makes the most sense and u can not put aj lee under to nikki bella again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no way they have Nikki drop the belt this quickly, especially with Total Divas coming back in January

      Delete