Sunday 26 April 2015

Extreme Rules Predictions

Hello! Yes, the PPV is today- it caught me off guard as well. As always with these Predictions I'll be jotting down my thoughts combined with who I think will win, after all that is the point of predictions; I generally try and get these to 1000 Words minimum but the Problem with this card is that is probably the most straightforward set of Predictions I'll have done since I started this Blog last August. From my Point of View there's only one match that can go either way- and that match is purely so doubtful because WWE doesn't have much stock in either guy at present. Anyway let's get down to business.

Pre-Show: KiddSaro v New Day- Tag Team Championships
You could make an argument as to why New Day will win tonight- you'd be wrong to, but you could make the argument. It's incredibly rare that the Babyface doesn't win on the Pre-Show- and while both teams are Heels, in front of the Chicago Crowd KiddSaro- Cesaro in particular will be up there in terms of babyface reaction for the whole night. New Day will be a weird one, in fact the more I think about it the more I do think they could win tonight- and in terms of legitimising them they probably do need the win today; and with the Luchas waiting in the wings for the Tag Title hunt after New Day done them in on Monday it could actually happen, however I personally can't see it so...
Winner: KiddSaro

Daniel Bryan v Bad News Barrett- IC Championship
There's two questions to this match, will Bryan even wrestle- and if he does wrestle will they take the belt off of him because of the doubts attached to question one.

I love Daniel Bryan, in term of an organic story his ranks right up there not just in terms of "Today's WWE" in all-time. Yes, I would love to see him wrestle not just tonight- but for years to come; however Bryan Danielson owes us nothing, similar to Edge if he has to stop wrestling to prevent potential paralysis or other serious life-long disability he should stop right now, and he can look back on his career as a success.

In terms of the match itself, if it does indeed happen- it all depends on how much belief they have in Bryan staying healthy- if they think they'd have to wrap in cotton wool and wheel him out for PPVs they'd have him drop the belt to Barrett, however I think if the match does go ahead it'll be with a view of Bryan "changing his style" which seems to be the phrase attached to him at the moment and as such...
Winner: Daniel Bryan (If it Happens)

Sheamus v Dolph Ziggler- "Kiss Me Arse" Match
In terms of stupidest match on the card it's a toss up between this Stip and the Cena v Rusev one- I think it's marginally Cena's match just because we will get a proper match before the stipulation comes into play. Again, this match is pretty much as straightforward as it gets- Sheamus won't lose in his first PPV Match back with his "new attitude"- especially against someone like Dolph who WWE makes lose more often than not.
Winner: Sheamus
Quick Side Note, Just my Predictions- Sheamus is about to make Dolph "Kiss his Arse" and Neville does a run-in and kicks his head off before doing the Red Arrow. If the Bryan match doesn't happen I can see Neville getting a match on the card against Barrett- but at the minute I'm working on the basis that the Bryan match is going ahead.

Dean Ambrose v Luke Harper- Chicago Street Fight
This is the match that I don't have a clue about, both guys have been booked relatively poorly in this feud and prior to it that I genuinely don't know which way this one will go. On the one hand you could say that Ambrose will win as the vengeance for Harper putting him through a Ladder and end the feud- but on the other you could say that Harper'll win using the age old formula of the Guy that looks strong on the RAW prior ends up losing at the PPV. So being the type of guy that I am I've looked at the odds for both guys (Yes, on PaddyPower JBL) and have seen that Ambrose is favourite so...
Winner: Luke Harper

Nikki Bella v Naomi- Divas Title
Naomi is a bit similar to New Day- no not in that way; in that they could win depending on how much stock WWE puts into their "new attitudes". However Nikki is, well as I'm writing this waking up next to Cena after possibly giving him a Urinary Infection overnight- so because Nikki is getting on her back- Naomi shall oblige on the PPV
Winner: Nikki Bella

Roman Reigns v Big Show- Last Man Standing
They've really built Big Show to the point where he looks like a legitimate threat, I genuinely don't know who's going to win this... NOW, BACK TO REALITY
Winner: Big Show

John Cena v Rusev- Russian Chain Match
I still have no idea what makes the Chains Russian, unless of course they were forged in the icy depths of a gulag- but I think the Chain Stip can protect Rusev to an extent- and as I said with Wyatt and many, many others Cena never loses the perceived "Rubber" match and I can see Cena winning after STFing the life out of him while Lana weeps- Good Guy Cena
Winner: John Cena (LOL)

Seth Rollins v Randy Orton- Steel Cage WWEWHC Match
I said it in my RAW Review from this last week that Orton is the perfect opponent for Rollins in that he's legitimate enough to pose a proper threat to Rollins while still not being for want of a better word "relevant" enough to need the win. Of course Rollins won't win clean- I saw someone do it- but I can't remember which forum of Rollins' PPV History since he killed Roman & Ambrose all that time ago but he hasn't won "clean" at any PPV since said Shield breakup. This is where the real test will come into play... Can J&J penetrate the impenetrable Steel Cage- I can't think of any examples in history of people not in the match being able to get into the Cage to perform shenanigans. However I think we'll see History tonight as J&J Penetrate the Cage by managing to climb the cage before realising as nobody has done before that the Cage doesn't actually have a roof (I can see Kane stopping J&J entering via the Door- but they'll climb the Cage). While Randy is distracted by J&J Rollins will use that to his advantage and perhaps via some berating from Trips or Steph Kane lets him leave via the Door- before Chokeslamming him setting up the Match at I think Payback (that is the next PPV right?)
Winner: Seth Rollins

Thanks for Reading as ever, the build for this PPV has been pretty poor- perhaps WWE will take the Free Subs for this month and factor them all into their next announcement not realising a sustainable business model is to translate those Free Subs into Paying one's by putting on a quality product.

As Always I hope you join me on Twitter tonight for the PPV and tag along, while the build has been bad the matches should be pretty good with the exception of a few- which you can pretty much guess. Anyway thanks again for reading, I hope you come back for the Review tomorrow where I'll- well Review the PPV, it's kind of self explanatory really. Anyway thanks again for reading- and let's see how wrong I am with my Predictions!

No comments:

Post a Comment