Thursday 13 November 2014

TNA Impact Review- 12th November

I'm back with the Impact reviews after a few weeks off, although I haven't reviewed the shows- I've kept up to date with whats gone on during the shows despite my not watching the shows.

James Storm and his disciples, Wolves segment
Storms character is one of the more interesting in wrestling at the moment, there are of course some similarities to the Bray Wyatt character but at the end of the day theres nothing completely original in Wrestling in 2014. As I said I've kept up to date with whats going on in the Impacts I've missed, and Storms attempts to recruit Davey Richards has been one of the more intriguing storylines with regard to execution. Initially I thought it was a bad idea to have the Tag Champions involved in a non-title storyline, however after the Triple Threat Tag Team series this was a way to presumably have the Wolves stay busy after coming out looking so strong after the TLC Match. I'd completely forgotten Feast or Fired was a thing, and off the top of my head Storm got the briefcase at the back end of 2013- I only remember that because I think Chavo and Sting were still with the company.

James Storm & ? v The Wolves
Abyss coming in to join Storm was quite stupid in my opinion. Abyss is a character who I've always liked, despite comparisons to other characters such as Kane- but I've always thought Abyss worked better as a psychopath monster who wants to destroy everything and everyone, and thats why I've always hated it when they've put him in a faction such as Immortal previously and now he's joined Storms revolution. The Wolves losing the Tag Titles should have been a bigger deal in my opinion, as after the Tag Title series they looked like the strongest of all of the TNA Champions- and them losing the straps should have been built until an actual PPV.

Taryn Terrell v Madison Rayne
Taz's "rigo mortis" comment was the highlight of this match. I'm not necessarily saying Taryn needs Gail in order to have a good match- but I do think she needs to have some kind of stipulation as it can hide her lack of wrestling ability. That being said this was still better than the average Divas match, and that is helped by the fact theres a proper story attached to it.

Kenny King, Chris Melendez, Mr. Anderson Segment
I've said this since Melendez's debut, he needs to be a heel. I don't like Andersons involvement with Melendez unless it leads to a heel turn from Melendez, although judging from this segment theres still some work to do for Melendez with regard to promo skills. I'm hoping thats what they're building to as Anderson seems to want to speak for Melendez, and if they're invested in Melendez they'll do this soon enough. King as a dastardly heel is quite funny in my opinion, he knows his role and he plays it to perfection- and now the MVP faction is starting to dissolve hopefully King steps out and makes a proper impact (if you'll pardon the pun).

The Menagerie v Bromans and The Beautiful People
Rebel limited to "Gymnastic" moves is for the best, and hopefully with the taping situation when/if TNA airs newly taped episodes she'll have sufficiently worked on her ring skills, she won't become a master technician overnight- but she could definitely improve to the point she can put on a competent match- because at this point it appears she doesn't even know how to sell certain moves. The Bromans and the BPs have absolutely no chemistry and it affects the matches they're in- and as far as I can work out its purely a way to feature the Bromans so they can talk about the Amazing Race thing that Brooke and Robbie E are involved with.

Eric Young w/ Spud v Tyrus w/ EC3
As I've said I've kept up to date with whats gone on with regard to match outcomes in the episodes I've missed- and this was the second time Tyrus has been pinned in less than a month. Tyrus needed to be booked strong in order for it to actually have an impact when he does lose- but instead he's been relegated to the 300 Pound whipping boy similar to the way Curtis Axel and Ryback ended up involved in the CM Punk feud last year. I would have minded it if it were for the fact EY did the firing up, comeback schtick and it actually ended cleanly.

Lashley coming out to destroy EY and Spud was well worked, and made Lashley look strong after a rough few weeks for Lashley putting over Roode. I'm not opposed to an Aries-Lashley feud if this is the direction they're going, however at this stage I'd have preferred a full on Lashley-MVP feud.

Joe vacating the X-Division Title is a shame, although long-term this could be a good thing as there will be a built in feud when Joe returns- and with the nature of Joe he hasn't looked weak at all before dropping the belt.

Gunner v Samuel Shaw
This match surprised me I have to admit. Because of the nature of Shaws character we haven't always seen his wrestling ability- and it hasn't helped he's been put into the "filler match" segment on more than one occasion. The Powerbomb to the outside of the ring looked brutal, and the overall story of the match was very good. The Shaw-Brittany dynamic is a good one- and gives Brittany something to do, and off the top of my head means every Knockout is actively involved in the product at the moment. Gunner winning with all of the shenanigans should mean the end of this feud and both men moving on, however I can't see any obvious feuds for either man so they might continue with this feud for a bit longer- perhaps with Gunner trying to turn Shaw.

Austin Aries v Lashley
This finish sucked. I understand that Lashley couldn't lose again after losing to Roode in the last few weeks, but Aries hasn't put together much of a run as of late so I'm not sure why they were adverse to him taking a loss. A Double Count Out is always a cop-out finish for a match, and is basically the bookers acknowledging they've booked themselves into a corner. It does seem as though there will be at least a series of matches with Aries and Lashley with the aftermath of the match.

Thanks for reading, I noticed Roode was conveniently not on the show the week I started watching again- so thanks for that guys. I appreciate any feedback on these blogs as per usual and I hope you still enjoy these Impact blogs. With the International Break covering the weekend depending on how much time I have there'll be a different type of Wrestling blog this weekend- and a different type of Fulham blog early next week, probably on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment