Sunday 23 November 2014

Survivor Series- Predictions

In what'll be more of a gut punch than a last minute deflected winner for Brentford, we're here for Survivor Series and one of the least exciting cards in memory- or at least from my perspective. In order to add some more jeopardy to these predictions I'm going to try and predict the Elimination Order as well as the match outcomes; So lets get going.

Before I start, I'd just like to say I'm not sold on these Sting rumours. I wish it were true with all of my heart; but as I've said with a card lacking as much as this one it wouldn't surprise me if WWE planted the rumour to generate some buzz around the event.

Pre-Show
I think Fandango is facing someone on the Pre-Show but when I've searched for who the opponent is I've drawn a blank, as such its impossible to say whether they'd have Fandango win- or it'll be a squash match for someone returning.
Winner: N/A

Team Paige v Team Fox
I'm wondering if the people involved in this match actually know if this match is on the card; because I didn't before I read it yesterday, and there has been absolutely no build to it- to the point the team Captains weren't even on the RAW prior to the PPV, baring in mind this is a 5-Match Main Card and RAW is three hours you can see how they value this match.

Elimination Order; Does anyone really care?

Winner: Team Paige

Goldust & Stardust v Miz & Mizdow v The Usos v Los Matadores- Tag Team Championship
I'm not sure if this is an Elimination Match, but as far as I can tell it isn't. There is only two teams that have a hope of getting the Win in this match; The Matadores are... Well the Matadores, and The Usos have lost a lot of momentum since they lost the belts- and given they're the most recent Champions I can't see it happening. As such we're left with the Dusts & The Miz's. You could make the argument that Miz and Mizdow, specifically Mizdow are over to the point that they deserve a run with the titles, given these are both heel teams its hard to say which way they're going to go- however given the Dusts are still relatively fresh Champions I can't see them dropping the Titles just yet.
Winner: Goldust & Stardust

Bray Wyatt v Dean Ambrose
The outcome of this match is almost entirely dependent on how much faith the WWE office has in these two men, they're both relatively new to the Main Roster- in that they debuted less than two years ago- however in terms of characters these two are two of the most compelling, some would argue most compelling on the roster. However the outcome of this match is entirely on the basis of how long they're going to keep this feud going- I have high hopes for this feud, and the match- because as I've previously said with a 5-Match Main Card all of these matches will get time, and as the only Male Singles Match on the Main Card I think this'll get 25-30 Minutes easily. I also believe that "they" believe in these two to put on a good feud so I think Bray will draw first blood in this feud.
Winner: Bray Wyatt

Nikki Bella v A.J. Lee- Divas Championship
Its hard to call this match, just because of the spanners the dirtsheets have been throwing into the works recently- there was the rumour that A.J. was all but done with the company going into the PPV. Of course if that were the case Nikki would be winning the belt *shudders*, however on this card I can't see another Heel winning- and with this being Bries last day as Nikkis assistant you could use this argument. However I've got an interesting, if albeit unlikely theory.

Do you remember when Bad Influence started in TNA and Kazarian appeared to be on the fence? I think WWE would be smart to do something similar with this storyline and have Brie cost A.J. the match and then we get fully fledged Bella Heels- because lets face it they annoy us enough as it is on Total Divas, we might as well make it official.
Winner: Nikki Bella

Team Cena v Team Authority
This is what this entire PPV has been sold on, which isn't saying much for the match that they're giving it away for free. Theres so many elements in this match this could become one of the best MODERN Survivor Series matches; this match will also be given at least 45 minutes in my opinion which means it will take a massive job to turn this match into a cluster that in previous years these matches have become- you only have to look at the Team A.J.-Team Total Divas match where Kicks were treated as finishers to prove this point. As such every single man involved in this match has enough backing behind them that there won't be any "making up the numbers" jobber roles in this match, and I don't see anyone not being given enough of a spotlight to shine.

If you follow me on Twitter- which I'm guessing everyone who reads this blog does, or at least follows TNACreative you'll know my thoughts with regard to this match and the permutations for Dolph. To put it as simply as possible; Dolph lost the IC Title on Monday, if Team Cena loses tonight he's lost his job- he'll have lost everything all because he sides with Cena, who hasn't even helped him when he's been on the receiving ends of beatdowns- and this can lead to the Main Event at TLC.

Elimination Order:
1st Elimination: Kane. This'll be by either Ryback or Cena and will have the commentators going crazy over "The Big Red Monster" going so quickly and what will happen now The Authority has lost such a valuable asset.

2nd Elimination: Dolph Ziggler. This'll come at the hands of Luke Harper, and it won't be pretty. However I can see Kane, or another of the Authority incapacitating Dolph either prior or after the elimination to leave Dolph at ringside for what will happen later.

3rd Elimination: Luke Harper. This'll be by Erick Rowan; however Harper won't leave it there and...

4th Elimination: Erick Rowan. This'll happen straight after the Harper elimination and it'll be taken by basically anybody who crawls in and covers him. This'll also level it up at 3-3 with the main players taking the forefront.

5th Elimination: Big Show. This will come at the hands of Rusev, and will be a convincing elimination to have him look strong before what'll follow.

6th Elimination: Mark Henry. This'll be a convincing elimination on the part of Ryback for the same reasons as Rusev, and will make him look strong by Shell-Shocking a man such as Mark Henry and will enable him to keep his momentum.

7th/8th Elimination: Rusev & Ryback: I don't know if this'll be via a Double DQ or Countout but this is the only way I can see these two getting eliminated because of the way they've been booked. With Rusev from his debut and Ryback since he came back roughly a month ago. This'll build to the crescendo.

9th Elimination: John Cena: This is mainly because I don't see a way that they end the Authority angle for free, unless they want to use the end of the angle as an incentive to have people subscribe. How I see this happening is; Cena does his usual kicking out of everything, and he'll be on the ropes (figuratively) when Dolph sees his chance to secure his job with Cena on the verge (seemingly) of losing and a Zig-Zag and Curb Stomp later...

As I've said, this could of course go the other way- and this could be the way they introduce Sting were he to debut tonight. With Cena taking the microphone after the match giving his usual Never Give Up stuff and then saying theres been a lot of speculation about who will run the show now the Authority is gone- and then we get Sting. However as I've said I don't see this happening on a free PPV so...

Winner: Team Authority

I stand by these predictions, however the Team Cena/Authority and Divas Championship matches could easily go the other way because there isn't a babyface winner on the card if my predictions were to come true.

Thanks for reading as per usual, feel free to either comment on this- or tweet me your predictions and lets hope a smaller card means better matches, because otherwise I'll be staying up for nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment