Sunday 3 April 2016

Wrestlemania 32 Predictions

Right then, it's the "big one". It's Wrestlemania, and I just can't help but feel excited for tonight. It's fucking Wrestlemania. It's the time when the bad build gets almost completely forgotten, and we can all jut sit back and enjoy what we watch. Even if there's been a relatively bad build for Mania, as has been the case for this year- nobody can deny that regardless of build Wrestlemania's almost always deliver. There's a LOT of matches to predict, as far as I can tell just to have made my job of doing the Unbookables Wrestlemania I put up earlier in the week a lot harder- so let's just dive right in.

Pre-Show: Team Total Divas v Team BAD & Blonde
I'm going to try and predict the order of the PPV, without really trying- but when it comes to the Pre-Show I've got absolutely no idea how they're going to structure it. Mainly because, they probably don't either. Up until a few days ago the Battle Royal was meant to be in 1 Hour of the Pre-Show on the USA Network, but now that's on the Main Card (for a reason I'll discuss later) I have no fucking clue what's happening.

There's two possibilities for this match, which is one more than there was this time last week. Either, they give Brie Bella a "Wrestlemania Moment" complete with a lot of "Yes-ing" to send her riding off into the sunset- which is quite likely. However as a result of the best Diva in history returning on RAW in Eva Marie, in my opinion there's now a chance all of the Total Divas turn on her leaving her to be killed by Tamina's Superkick, Lana's Kicks etc. to give a kayfabe reason as to why she's not on the Main Roster Post-Mania and goes back down to NXT. I don't think that's as likely as the first option- but it's one that has to be considered. Add to that, the likelihood that Brie retiring will be the Total Divas Finale- and it's quite clear what'll happen in my opinion.
Winner: Team Total Divas

Pre-Show: The Usos v The Dudleys
I won't lie, I'd almost completely forgotten this match was happening until I looked up the card in preparation for these Predictions. Unless I'm mistaken this feud didn't even get an actual spot on RAW in which to finalise the build- so the whole "look strong on the Go-Home means they're losing" train of thought doesn't exactly apply here. This is one of the (quite a few) matches that could trip up my Predictions, not because of a great build which has you questioning everything about your existence- but basically because there hasn't been a proper build. If I had to take a guess, it would be The Usos winning and then putting both Dudleys through Tables- but I honestly have no fucking clue.
Winner: The Usos

Pre-Show: Ryback v Kalisto- US Title
I have no idea if the USA Network Pre-Show thing is still happening now the Battle Royal's on the Main Show- however, if it is I'm assuming this is the match that'll take place on it. What with it being a Title match and all. I'm working on the basis that this is going to be the USA Network match- but I'm not even sure that really helps me in determining the outcome of the match. On the one hand, having a Babyface win on the Pre-Show is basically a given nine times out of then- and then on the other they may want to kick off Mania with a "bang" and have a Title change. I'm going with the Title change, just because I think 3 out of 3 Babyface wins on the Pre-Show is a bit overkill among other reasons.
Winner: Ryback

Kevin Owens v Sami Zayn v Zack Ryder v Stardust v Dolph Ziggler v The Miz v Sin Cara- IC Title Ladder Match
Firstly, I'm interested to see how much Sami Zayn does tonight after his brutal match with Nakamura. Just in my opinion, I can see Zayn doing a big "wipeout" spot fairly early on- and then only coming back in at the end to duel with Owens over the Title. It's weird, checking the Bookies- and judging by the Odds there's been a fair few bets on Zack Ryder to win the thing basing it off the fact he's the favourite. Why? I have absolutely no clue.

It's between Zayn and Owens for the Title, and only Zayn and Owens. Ryder's only in the match because Neville forgot which way his Ankle was meant to face. I really wouldn't mind either of these two winning, and they truly are destined to fight forever. However, with it seemingly being likely that Samoa Joe's being called up after how Takeover ended- it makes sense for Joe to come up after Owens in my opinion and as such.
Winner: Kevin Owens

Let me just quickly say, I'd love it if Zack Ryder won. But, it would be some turnaround for him to not even be in the original match and then win the fucking Title.

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
Something big is happening in this for it to be moved to the Main Card. I've seen names as varied as Samoa Joe, Strowman, Bray and Cena for the return/winner as peoples "predicted" reason as to why it was moved to the Main Card. Cena would definitely legitimise the Battle Royal, but I just don't see it personally. The Wyatts don't have enough name value to have warranted a move. I'd say Joe's more likely to show up tomorrow and instantly start a feud. I've got two Predictions for the Battle Royal Winner, the first is a return- and the second is someone already in the match.

I'll start with the one already in the match, Mark Henry. No, really. I could be wrong, because there's a lot of bullshit Wrestling "newz". But I believe Mark Henry said he'd be retiring after this Wrestlemania. As such, giving Mark a relatively big win, at Wrestlemania in his Home-State seems like a pretty apt "Thank You" for all his years of service to WWE. Likely with a HOF Induction in the near future.

Now for the return, you've probably already guessed who I'm talking about. It is of course... Scott Steiner. No, it's Cesaro who's obviously been cleared considering he's booked for the European Tour in like two weeks time- and it's a spot that's appropriate for Cesaro in the sense that it's a good spot to be featured in but it's not going to have a massive impact on the overall show. The reason I've done Mark Henry as well is of course there's no guarantee Cesaro even enters like last year when everyone was predicting Sheamus would return and win the thing.
Winner: Cesaro (and if he doesn't enter, Mark Henry)

The New Day v The League of Nations
I'll just open by saying, after their reaction last night at the HOF- this Wrestlemania Weekend in comparison to the "experience" New Day had last year is all the proof that's needed as to how just fucking good New Day have been over that year. Also, in relation to the HOF- if anyone still has doubts that Big E can be WWE Champion one day. How?

Next, I'm predicting New Day's Entrance will be the best Entrance of this years Wrestlemania barring perhaps The Undertaker. New Day deserve to have an absolutely massive Wrestlemania moment. I don't know if that would be entering on a "Katy Perry Superbowl" type Unicorn, I doubt they'd use live animals just because of how unpredictable they could be- or a million other possibilities.

Given what's been said in the build to the match in regard to tonight supposedly being a massive night for New Day and it most likely "making" them, I'm actually expecting a DQ Finish followed by a run-in. New Day win by DQ- with the League of Nations absolutely battering them and then... The Rock's Music hits. This is the first of a couple of Rock appearances for tonight, and New Day will fight back with The Rock and eventually the segment will close with Rock dancing with New Day.

I know they had the little back and forth thing earlier in the year, but New Day weren't put there by accident. As I'll discuss later, I'm expecting them to kick-off an angle for The Rock to wrestle at 33 in most likely his last match- which will of course be in Florida. But for this segment, Rock's just here to have fun and put his "stamp of approval" on New Day.
Winner: New Day

Sasha Banks v Charlotte v Becky Lynch- Divas Title
As I said during the RAW Review, this is one of- if not the best built match heading into Mania. I believe they will, but I'm just hoping these three get around 12-15 Minutes to properly tell a story and get the crowd emotionally invested in the match. They already are with the characters, but it means nothing if the crowd goes dead once the match gets going. Like I said though, I don't think that'll happen.

You could make a case for all three Women winning the match tonight, and not in the same way you can for the Kalisto match, Usos match etc. The build has just been that good. Sasha Banks is, Sasha Banks- and I'm sure the vast majority of people will be wanting (and expecting) Sasha to win tonight- and I do believe she will. However, both Charlotte- and especially Becky have equal if not better claims on the Title than Sasha in my opinion. As I said on Monday, Sasha winning tonight is likely- however within the context of the story that's been told over the last few months I'd say Becky Lynch winning makes more sense. I do believe Sasha will win, I want Becky to win, and primarily I'm just looking forward to these three being able to do their thing at Wrestlemania.
Winner: Sasha Banks

Brock Lesnar v Dean Ambrose- No Holds Barred Street Fight
If you read these Predictions regularly, you'll know with how I lay these out that I'm predicting that Brock will win. Why? Because Balor stole Ambrose's fucking Chainsaw. But seriously, as with the previous match you can make an argument for both guys involved to win the match- and it's not exactly a surprise to say I really like Ambrose. But Brock Lesnar is Brock fucking Lesnar. Ambrose is on his best run in WWE by far at the moment- but Ambrose (unless WWE drastically change their mentality) will never be an absolute elite tier "superstar". I think Ambrose is going to have one helluva showing tonight, and this match has massive "steal the show" potential. I just can't see WWE having Ambrose beat Brock.

There is of course a chance The Wyatts/Bray Wyatt interfere in the match and target Brock resulting in Ambrose winning. That has to be considering without a doubt, but I personally can't see it. Therefore...
Winner: Brock Lesnar

AJ Styles v Chris Jericho
This is pretty much the easiest match to predict on the whole card. I know Jericho's supposedly hanging around after Mania, but there's no chance Styles doesn't win in his first Wrestlemania. I don't know if it'll be with the Styles Clash, Calf Killer- or perhaps even Spiral Tap- but Styles is winning.
Winner: AJ Styles

I mean, look at this

Have you seen anyone more ready for Wrestlemania? Didn't think so.

Roman Reigns v Triple H- WWE Title
I suppose in-terms of the order of the card, this is the one prediction that is actually important. I've gone back and forth on this one in my head quite a few times, and I even had a conversation with someone on Twitter where I said this would be going on last. However, here we are. It's funny actually, I've largely ignored the "dirtsheets" over the last few months because most of it's just fabricated bullshit, or stuff taken off of r/SquaredCircle. I did see Alvarez say the Hell in a Cell is going on last as of (I think) Thursday. None of that is why I'm predicting this match won't go on last.

I'm predicting this match won't go on last, because Triple H knows exactly what it's like to go out for a Main Event when the crowd has been completely emotionally exhausted by a previous match. Shane/Undertaker is going to have everything and kitchen sink involved. There'll be weapons, interference, Tombstone Kick-Outs, very high high-spots and more with a crowd massively involved in the match. Reigns/Triple H just can't stack up to it.

I said Jericho/Styles was the easiest match to predict, but this match isn't that far behind. There's just a small voice in the back of my head that says Triple H might retain the Title and drop it to Rollins at Summerslam because of how badly they've fucked up Romans build for this Wrestlemania (again). Like I said though, it is a small voice- and no doubt after kicking out of multiple Pedigrees, Sledgehammer shots etc. Roman Reigns will be our new WWE Champion.
Winner: Roman Reigns

This is the match where I'd also expect The Rock to re-surface, with there being likely interference on the part of Triple H during the match- from whom I'm not entirely certain. I'd expect a Rock run-in to help Roman- and in-turn spark the angle for Mania 33 where he'll either be wrestling Triple H as they wanted to do this year. Or, wrestle and put over Roman. That would be accomplished by Roman obviously winning, and then with Rock raising his arm Roman decides he doesn't want to share the spotlight with anyone and attacks him- officially turning him Heel. The "sharing the spotlight" type angle would also be where I'd go for Roman's first Title feud- which as you've probably guessed would be Ambrose.

The Undertaker v Shane McMahon- Hell in a Cell
This is a match that can truly go either, and I think it completely hinges on interference and on who's behalf they're interfering. So I think it's best if I just run through the three main possibilities (in my opinion).

Balor Club- Especially with Balor not being on the NXT TV Tapings (although that could well be a troll like Owens appearing with the Belt for the post Summerslam Tapings) I think the chances of the Balor Club interfering in the Main Event is massive.

The Wyatts- They've got much less of a chance, but there's always a possibility they re-commence the Wyatt/Taker feud. The Wyatts will be showing up at some point tonight, I think that's not exactly hard to predict. Their most likely destination is Ambrose/Lesnar, but it's not locked in.

John Cena- I saw Cena say he's cleared to wrestle the other day, and with Cena/Taker being likely for Mania 33- there's a chance Cena interferes in this match and takes out Taker. That would of course have a double meaning with it being well known that Cena is a "company, and in turn Vince guy".

This match should be really good, and they're going to smoke and mirrors the shit out of it to make Shane's limitations as absent as possible. I'm just simply really looking forward to this match and all of the crazy shit that'll take place. I don't really care who wins the match, I just want to sit back and enjoy it.

With that said, I do believe Taker will win- but I'll happily be proven wrong and have Shane around as a permanent fixture of the WWE for a little while yet. There's no chance this is Taker's last Mania regardless of if he loses, because simply put- they haven't done Taker/Cena yet. Taker's last match won't be against Shane unless he's medically unable to compete past this Mania.
Winner: The Undertaker

We've got the Predictions in the bag, and I hope you've enjoyed reading through them and even if you disagree with my predicted winners I've managed to convey my thought process behind said predictions. As I said in my Takeover Review yesterday, let's not bury Wrestlemania before it's even happened. If we go in with an open mind, hoping to be entertained like Wrestlemania's almost always do I think the doubters of this Mania will come out the other side pleasantly surprised.

Thanks for reading as always, if Wrestlemania does in fact need to be buried- it will be done so on here tomorrow for the Wrestlemania Review. I hope you're back here tomorrow for the Review and you'll be tagging along on Twitter tonight. Thanks again for reading, I hope you've enjoyed all the Posts that have been put up thus far and let's get excited guys! IT'S FUCKING WRESTLEMANIA!

No comments:

Post a Comment