Tuesday 8 December 2015

RAW Review: 7th December

Hello! It's the calm before the storm in-terms of Posts on here for December. In case you read both "sides" on here you'll have noticed I missed out on the two Weekend ones, that was because I was ill- and in a way I'm happy I was. Now here we are, reviewing another RAW. It's almost like there's 52 of these damn RAW Episodes a Year. Fun. Last Nights RAW was just quite weird to me, it's funny in a way because it was similar to last weeks for me- in that I didn't know if I was laughing with or at the Episode. With that said, as with last week- I can't say I wasn't entertained by some aspects of the Episode. Especially with how the TV's been for the most part since after Summerslam, I'll take what we've had the last two weeks over completely indifferent TV.

The League of Nations, The Reigniacs, EV2.0 & The Wyatts Opening Segment
This whole segment was just bizarre. When it was just The League of Nations in there I REALLY didn't like it. I like Sheamus, Barrett, Del Rio and Rusev- but putting them all together in the segment we started off with just didn't work. Sheamus has done well in the weeks he's had since Survivor Series to get himself over, but he can't carry a Promo Segment which was what was expected of him here. I thought The Wyatts coming out would turn into more than it actually was, but it brought me back "in" so I suppose it worked in that regard.

Rhyno's Return was fine, it's slightly annoying that they went with literally the "easiest" option for the 4th Member of the EV2.0 Invasion though. I can only assume Spike doesn't want to return, because nobody can look at Spike and then look at Strowman and think there isn't money in Strowman murdering Spike. Then we had The Reigniacs coming out, to make sure pretty much every single person with any momentum "used up" their "He's Here" pop.

The Reigniacs v The League of Nations v EV2.0 v The Wyatts
Especially in the context of the whole show in hindsight, this match was just bizarre. This literally felt like a Dark Match, that just happened to be taking place in the 1st Hour of RAW. It was as if they'd timed out the show and everyone in this Match had their "thing" happening, and then they realised they timed it out wrong- so they just said "Fuck It" and put the Dark Match on TV. This brings me onto my next point, it was WAY too long for what it was. I know they had 4 Factions, but having this Match with really nothing on the line go through 3 Ad Breaks and basically take up Three Quarters of the 1st Hour- nearly a Third of the Show is just ridiculous.

The actual match was fine, I suppose. It was about as good as it could have been, I'll phrase it that way. Especially with what happened later on, I've got a massive issue with Roman pinning Sheamus clean. Roman pinned Sheamus- clean, in an unannounced match in the 1st Hour of the Go-Home RAW. Yup.

Sheamus Backstage Promo
This was actually a decent Promo. Sheamus and Orton are two people who's Promos can vary so much week-to-week, and in Sheamus' case last night even segment-to-segment as proven here. It was good enough and set-up the Main Event angle.

Stardust & Titus O'Neil in the 5th Dimension
Right then, I suppose along with Fashion Advice I've got to give advice on how to be a Evil Henchman now. Mr. Konnor and Mr. Viktor PLEASE listen to me when I tell you this, you're supposed to NOT let the enemy of your Supervillain into the fucking Evil Lair. We return to the debate over whether The Ascension are hopelessly incompetent, which is likely- or Titus O'Neil is an actual Ninja.

Kevin Owens v Dolph Ziggler
This match was fine, but I don't think Owens and Ziggler are actually capable of having a bad match with each other. I'd genuinely be surprised if we got a bad match when these two wrestle each other. The whole show was quite flat, and that was especially the case in this match (among many other things). It just didn't really engage properly, I can only think because everyone knew Ziggler wasn't winning. Ziggler was either winning by DQ, losing with Owens shenanigans, losing with Breeze shenanigans or just losing clean. Of course, what with it being the Go-Home Show they completely ignored Tyler Breeze once he was out there and had Ziggler lose Clean. There literally could not be less heat on the Ziggler/Breeze feud. The Ziggler/Breeze feud is at Zero Kelvin.

The stuff with Ambrose with the Popcorn and the Coke (it's too soon for Pepsi) was just so "meh". I couldn't give a fuck about it, Ambrose's delivery made it obvious he couldn't give a fuck about it- the only thing this little thing accomplished was making Kevin Owens a bit sticky.

You thought I forgot didn't you. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, GET SUMMER FUCKING RAE SOME FLUFFY FUCKING CLOTHES AND SOME BOOT TASSELS. IS IT REALLY THAT DIFFICULT? YOU'VE GOT A FUCKING WARDROBE DEPARTMENT FOR A REASON. TELL MIKAZE TO GET OFF OF UPUPDOWNDOWN AND MAKE SOME FUCKING BOOT TASSELS.

The Wyatt Family Backstage Promo
I'm genuinely starting to like Strowman. He's by no means "good", but he's developing an imposing presence to match his size- and going forward that can only be a good thing. I'm not saying he's going to be in my "Most Improved" category in The Sammy's, but he could end up in it next year. The whole Wyatts/ECW stuff is fine, apart from the fact it's AFTER FUCKING SURVIVOR SERIES! They could not have made this feud more of a Survivor Series feud if they tried, even the match on Sunday is just stupid. They've literally booked a Survivor Series match, and then gone "Hang On, It's TLC it's a Survivor Series match... WITH TABLES!!!!!".

Miz & Neville Backstage
I'm not going to get into the weird bloke plugging his show. I'll just say this, everyone who is paired with Miz gets over. Whether it's Bryan, Morrison, Mizdow, Alex Riley- you get the point. Miz is criminally underrated by I'd argue the vast majority of people. As long as they actually do pair Miz with Neville and give it some time I can only see Neville benefiting from it.

Team BAD (Naomi & Sasha Banks) v Brie Bella & Alicia Fox
The match was nothing. Once again I was more interested in the fact Alicia Fox isn't being allowed to have her new Hair on TV.

WE THEN GOT THE BEST SEGMENT IN THE HISTORY OF EVERYTHING. I don't even know why I liked this thing as much as I did. I hope Team BAD are actually paired with New Day and this wasn't just a tease, because if it was a tease I'm rioting. In an ideal world, they'd start off as "BAD Day" and then Sasha gets pissed with Naomi and Tamina and New Day drop them. Putting Sasha Banks in with New Day would be great, not just for her, but for the whole Divas Division. Even if you don't like New Day, which I can't imagine anyone sane and over the age of 10 actually does- you have to admit New Day get the most consistent reactions on the show at this point.

Going back to the Divas Match we had prior to this, NOBODY gave a fuck apart from when Brie did the Daniel Bryan Kicks. So adding Sasha Banks to New Day, and having Sasha wrestle- even if it's just Xavier with his Trombone it'll keep eyes on the match. It can work in so many ways, going back to Sasha dropping Tamina and Naomi- provided they do it right Tamina killing Xavier with a Superkick would get a great reaction. I'm getting carried away with all this, I'll see if they actually pull the trigger on "BAD Day". I suppose it depends on how desperate Daniel Powter is for royalties.

The Lucha Dragons v New Day
The match was fine, it wasn't extraordinary but I can live with that so close to the PPV. Especially a PPV in which I'm expecting a lot of crazy bumps for the guys involved in the Tag Team match. New Day are just New Day, they're great- but the visual of one of The Usos punching Xavier so hard his Horn fell off was just amazing. I think (or I hope) it was the way they shot that whole spot, but it looked like The Usos were trying to legitimately kill Xavier- so when Xavier ended up crying in the Fetal Position I can't say I blame him.

Roman Reigns Backstage Promo
Apparently this was a thing that happened. When I do these Reviews I always have a "Live Update" thing open so as I go through the show I make sure I don't miss anything out. I legitimately don't remember a single thing Roman said in this Promo. It must have been great.

MizTV w/ Charlotte, Ric Flair & Paige
When it comes to Divas in MizTV Segments, of the now three we've had since the "Diva Revolution" started this was the best. That's not saying much, in fact it's like saying I prefer slamming a Car Door into my Arm rather than my Head or Foot. I won't say Charlotte's Promo was good, because it wasn't- but it was better than some of the ones we've had before. I suppose the lesson from this whole Charlotte angle over the last few weeks is that deep down every Woman is a complete bitch. My problem with this segment, and really the whole feud now. WHO THE FUCK AM I MEANT TO BE CHEERING FOR?! Charlotte's being a complete bitch, and then Paige is only marginally better and less than a Month ago she was making fun of someone's dead Brother dying of an Overdose! I wish the Divas would wear little labels saying Heel or Babyface.

Rusev v Ryback
This match wasn't much. This sort of match is exactly what I imagine Vince thinks we need more of in 2015- and nearly 2016. With that said, it wasn't "bad", and Ryback doing a Corkscrew(ish) showed that at least someone still gives a fuck on this show. I'm not exactly sure why they did the finish the way they did. I get that Lana wanted to distract Ryback, but it's not as if Rusev really benefited from it. He didn't even win!

Jack Swagger v Stardust
This wasn't much. The match was a bit back and forth, and then Swagger just won. Then we had some Titus stuff, we had some Del Rio stuff and it was all just so inconsequential.

The Rosebush with Adam Rose, Starring Adam Rose
I've got no idea what they're trying to accomplish with these things. I suppose having Adam Rose on TV is purely to mock me for wanting Leo Kruger. At least while he's still employed there's hope.

Alberto Del Rio & Zeb Colter Backstage
Well, MexAmerica lasted a long time didn't it? I'm not saying it's a bad thing it's dead, but it's still ridiculous that it's lasted less than two months. I'm not sure if Zeb's going to realign with Swagger now, but at this moment in time I can only assume Zeb died on the way back to his Home Planet.

Braun Strowman v Tommy Dreamer
I'm hoping this match served as a means to write Dreamer off of TV. It's not that I don't like Dreamer, but even if it isn't Spike I can think of a certain person who may be described as "One of a Kind" who I'd rather in the ECW Team. Strowman is improving as I've already said, but Dreamer isn't exactly the best opponent for him and the match was just standard.

Sheamus & Roman Reigns Promo
This was the Worst Main Event Promo Segment we've had since, well the Reid Flair one. I'm not even sure which one was worse. On the one hand the Reid Flair stuff was tasteless, but at least it had a "Holy Shit" sort of instant reaction. Then we had last nights where the only thing that happened was everyone being completely disinterested in the segment and chanting for Tater Tots. As with the Paige and Charlotte Promo Segment it had a pretty good brawl that followed the Promo, but unlike the Paige and Charlotte one everyone had already completely disengaged.

Worst of all, Roman got the better of Sheamus again. Remember that story about the WWE supposedly wanting to try and build Roman up as a Sympathetic Babyface. That story was either wrong, or WWE have lost their minds. I'm not sure what's more likely.

Last Night's RAW was another one like last week. I said it during last nights show as well, I'm not sure if I was laughing with or at the show. But, I can say I was entertained enough to not make watching the show a complete waste. I suppose that's about as positive as it can get in the current climate.

Thanks for reading, we've of course got TLC this weekend- so I'll be back here for Predictions and then the Review on Sunday and Monday. Then we're back here for the RAW Review this time next week. Thanks again for reading, and I hope you have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment