Tuesday 1 December 2015

RAW Review: 30th November

Hello! Well, we're here in December now. We're getting into the Festive Spirit, and with last night's RAW- December's definitely going to be an interesting month. Last Night's RAW was just bizarre, it entertained me in it's stupidity for the most part. Which, I suppose is better than complete indifference- which has been the case for the most part over the last few Months. Last Night sparked a minor meltdown for me on Twitter. There was a point where it just broke me, and in turn it just sent me into hysterics. Anyway, let's do this thing.

Sheamus' WWE Title Celebration
This pretty much set the tone for the entire Episode. It was just really, really wacky. New Day are amazing, I know that's not a very popular opinion- but they are. The individual New Day part of this Segment was great, as is the case with 99% of New Day segments. Once Sheamus came out, it was just went wacky. It's definitely nice to see a member of New Day win the WWE Title, but Sheamus wouldn't have been my first choice for that. Sheamus getting "jiggy" was definitely a thing that happened. I was actually entertained by this segment, almost in spite of itself. I have no idea if I was just in a weird "I don't give a single fuck" mood last night, but I ended up enjoying it. The only thing I wish they'd have done differently would have been to time the Superman Punch on Sheamus with an Explosion. I don't know if they were trying to do it with one going off about 2 Seconds after, but I think that would have been quite cool either way. I think it's a pretty safe bet that the reason we got this Celebration with a tonne of Confetti and Pyro was because the WWE don't know how to reallocate Brad Maddox's wages. Pricks.

The Authority & The Reigniacs Backstage Promo
I didn't mind this Segment, but it was annoying in a way. I don't know why the insist on Reigns being a bit of a twat as the "#1" Babyface. I know they want to make it come off as him being a "badass", but it just doesn't really work when he can't pull it off.

Dolph Ziggler v Tyler Breeze
This whole Tyler Breeze call-up is going well, isn't it? Tyler Breeze has been pinned 3 Matches in a Row now, in short he's dead already. I wasn't expecting Tyler Breeze to be fast-tracked into the Main Event, in fact I had my doubts over his gimmick translating onto the Main Roster. With that in mind, even I can't believe how much and how quickly they've managed to fuck him over. It's actually quite impressive that they have such an aversion to sane booking decisions. What does Dolph Ziggler, former World Heavyweight Champion have to gain by beating Tyler Breeze who couldn't even win at a single Takeover? Worst of all, SUMMER FUCKING RAE STILL HASN'T GOTTEN SOME FUCKING BOOT TASSELS. THEY DON'T EVEN COLOUR COORDINATE!

Miz TV w/ Rusev & Lana
I didn't mind this segment, but it was a bit moot knowing what's coming pretty soon from my point of view. The stuff about Lana having "nuclear heat" may be wrong, it's all speculation at the end of the day, but it wouldn't surprise me if she did. With that in mind, I think it's a pretty safe bet that Lana's going to be getting humiliated for the foreseeable future. The Rusev/Lana pairing always has something about it, but it's going to take a while to properly rebuild it, of which I don't think they'll get.

Ryback v Rusev
This match wasn't much, but it wasn't meant to be. I'm assuming this leads up to a PPV match where Ryback shows concern for Lana in a similar circumstance and Rusev takes advantage.

Triple H & Dean Ambrose Backstage
I quite liked this segment, but not necessarily because of the content of the segment. I know that doesn't really make sense, and I've got a tendency for an over-active imagination at times- but the potential angle I see from the stuff that happened last night is definitely interesting to me.

Chances are they won't do it, but if I were booking I'd be going 1 of 2 ways. Either, The Authority alienate Reigns from all of the other Reigniacs and then keeping fucking him over- leading to Reigns having to choose between being a "valiant loser" or a "Corporate" Champion. Of course he'd choose being a Champion. Then the other way they could go is Reigns let's Ambrose down, and Ambrose gets pissed with always being the "Second Banana" to Reigns and getting fucked over and turns on him. I'd be happy with either of those, which means we'll get neither.

The Dudleys return from IKEA
I liked this segment, because for (to my best knowledge) the first time we actually got a proper Dudleys Promo segment. Surprisingly, they were in fact quite good. It really is too late for The Dudleys, even with what happened tonight. Too much of the polish has been taken off them, after the TLC match I think it's best they get taken off TV until the Night after Mania. Where they can ride the "massive pop" wave into a proper run where they're used well. The Wyatts stuff was all good, and then we got Dreamer's Return. I won't say it annoyed me, because it didn't and I'm not a liar. With that said, I was expecting Spike. I was expecting Spike, or to get two "new" Dudleys. That's something I've been wanting for a while. The idea that we don't know how many Dudleys there are can mean we get "new" Dudleys showing up at any time.

The Wyatts (Rowan, Strowman & Harper) v The Dudleys & Tommy Dreamer
Again, this match wasn't much- but I'm not sure it was meant to be much. I was pitching the idea of The Dudleys getting involved with Taker & Kane for Survivor Series with it being The Wyatts as the "new breed" sort of thing. It appears they listened to that up to a point, after fucking Survivor Series. More later.

Alberto Del Rio v Goldust
Goldust is already back to his Jobber ways. I'm not saying I was expecting Goldust to go after Sheamus, but I at least thought they'd be teasing Goldust v Stardust by building it up a bit again. I'm literally asking for disappointment on that front. Oh Yeah, I still hate the Del Rio Corner Stomp as a Finish.

Becky Lynch & Charlotte Backstage
The sound for this segment was horrendous, so I may well be wrong in saying this. With that said, I could have sworn Charlotte agreed to the match on the understanding that Ric got to "share" Becky's room with her. Give Divas a Chance, guys.

The Lucha Dragons v The Usos- #1 Contender Match
It might have been just because I was in a weird mood, but I genuinely thought we'd just get a clean winner (The Usos) in this match. I don't know why I did when all the signs have been toward a Triple Threat Tag Title match at TLC- but hey. The match was fine, I can't really say I was paying much attention to it. New Day are amazing, and I legitimately wouldn't mind them on Commentary full-time. There's not such a thing as too much New Day at the moment, which is obviously what Vince has realised as well.

Stephanie, The Lucha Dragons & The Usos Backstage
See my Dean Ambrose stuff with regard to The Usos and the angle with Roman. I hope they go all in and give these 3 Teams the TLC Stipulation when they actually announce the match. All 3 Teams can do crazy shit, so have said crazy shit at the top of a Ladder- and it's all going to be money.

Sasha Banks v Brie Bella
With my detective hat on, I'm fairly sure Brie was the Babyface here. I'll admit I zoned out for this match, but I'm pretty sure that as a Babyface- Brie didn't do the Daniel Bryan Kicks. Stupid. The match was about as good as we realistically could have hoped for, I was more fascinated by Alicia Fox's Hair in all honesty. With that said, Sasha Banks won as a result of Team BAD doing BAD things. It can really be that simple.

Roman Reigns v Sheamus- WWE Title
I liked this "match" up until the finish of said match. I think it's called "clock management" in American Football, but in actual Football it's just called time-wasting. That was what Sheamus was doing, and I loved it. Up until other people needed to get involved, I was loving the way they handled the match. Sheamus didn't "need" to win, so he didn't go out and try to win. Sheamus went out and "played" about as defensive as possible. As I said, that was up to the point where Sheamus needed the soon to be christened "League of Nations" to intervene- putting over the fact Sheamus can't last 5 Minutes and 15 Seconds with Roman Reigns.

The "League of Nations" reveal was definitely interesting. I'm genuinely wondering if the Survivor Series plan before the shit hit the fan was to bring together the "League of Nations" and have them face Ambrose, The Usos and Orton at Survivor Series. This is the thing I can't get my head around, the WWE have built a pretty solid Survivor Series- after Survivor Series. I know the Survivor Series plans were completely fucked by the Rollins injury, but surely they haven't just decided slightly re-worked their plans for Survivor Series to build up TLC. That's a new level of laziness.

Charlotte v Becky Lynch
This match was weird, primarily the in-ring action was quite good. There wasn't much in-terms of actual investment in the Characters, but the wrestling was good. I was expecting Becky to turn on Charlotte and align with Paige. Ya Know, seeing as "Foreigner Factions" are a thing again. I mean, fuck have Becky & Paige join the League of Nations. What we got instead was weird, but definitely something I'm interested in. Charlotte morphing into the "Dirtiest Player in the Game" sort of thing could definitely work. With that said, and knowing how the Divas have been booked I don't have high hopes for it all.

This was around the time I just completely lost and it was just hysterically laughing, at what I don't really know.

Becky, Charlotte & Paige Backstage
I like the idea that Charlotte will do "what's necessary" to win, and it opens up the potential of either turning on the other. But, with Paige waiting in the wings it's more along the lines of Becky being the Sting to Charlotte's WCW and Paige's nWo.

"The Rosebush" 
Here we saw the first Episode of "The Rosebush with Adam Rose". Here, we also saw he last Episode of "The Rosebush with Adam Rose". I know I don't do Smackdown Reviews, but I feel like I had to bring this up after Last Weeks. ADAM ROSE SKINNED THE FUCKING BUNNY! IT HAPPENED GUYS, #KRUGAH. 

Stardust & Titus in the 5th Dimension
THE ASCENSION ARE THE SHITTEST HENCHMEN IN FUCKING HISTORY. THEY LET TITUS INTO THE 5TH DIMENSION LAST WEEK, SO RATHER THAN BE MORE ON GUARD- TITUS SOMEHOW GOT IN AGAIN! It was just amazing, either The Ascension are shit or Titus is a 300lb Ninja.

The League of Nations & New Day v The Reigniacs
Firstly, I'm not sure if Kofi qualified for the League of Nations as a Jamaican or a Ghanaian. If we can get a definitive answer on that I'd appreciate it. This match wasn't the best, there was just too much going on. The match was designed to look as though it was overwhelming The Reigniacs, and in the process it overwhelmed the viewer. There were just too many moving parts at any given time. The one thing that did annoy me was the fact Roman Reigns, the Head Reigniac was the one taking all the heat- leaving the Hot-Tag to Ambrose. If there's one thing Roman Reigns does well, above anything else it's being the "Hot-Tag guy".

As I've already said, last nights RAW was just really weird. I can't say I didn't enjoy it though- because in parts I did. I'm not sure what the Ratings will be for the Episode, but I can safely say I did get a lot of enjoyment out of the Episode. The one thing that has to be said is I'm not sure if I was laughing with or at the Episode.

Thanks for reading as always. We're now officially in December- which is going to be quite a busy month on here. Along with the RAW Reviews, we've of course got TLC coming up and then we've got The Sammy's- and if I can find the time I'll do a Booking Post as well because I've got a few ideas after last night. Thanks again for reading, I hope you have a good week and come back here next week for another one of these godforsaken things.

No comments:

Post a Comment