Sunday 31 May 2015

Elimination Chamber Predictions

Hello! It's another Predictions Blog- two in a month, I can't believe it either. The one thing you have to say for tonight is that people are truly excited for it, predominantly because of Owens v Cena and not much else- but the fact is people are interested in tonight, whether that translates into Long-Term Network Subscriptions is a different matter entirely; I really wish they'd announce the Network Subs month by month so we can see the drop off once the Network becomes paid again tomorrow. Then again I suppose that's exactly why they don't do it month by month.

Unless I'm Miztaken the only thing of note on the Pre-Show in that it's advertised is a MizTV with Daniel Bryan, we'll still end up with a throwaway match on the Pre-Show most likely with the sole purpose of filling time but as it hasn't been announced it's impossible to Predict it.

New Day v The Lucha Dragons v The Ascension v Primetime Players v KiddSaro v Los Matadores- Tag Title Chamber Match
Straight off the bat, I'm going to take a bit of a punt and say that the 6 teams announced won't be the 6 that actually end up inside the Chamber when the Door is locked. It made me laugh that Edge and Kofi had a little back and forth about the way Edge ambushed him to get into the Chamber Match in I believe 2009 because I was already talking about it before- but now I can just go "Ya Know what happened in 09 with Edge, that's what I think Rowan & Harper will do" and it's relevant! If I had to choose a team to be taken out of the Chamber dynamic it would be the Lucha Dragons- which some of you may disagree with, but let me explain why. There's no way the Lucha Dragons are going to win tonight- it's just a fact, the only two teams that have a chance of leaving the Chamber with the Belts are New Day and KiddSaro. The Lucha Dragons have so much potential as a Babyface team them being pinned which is after all the only way they can leave the Chamber is stupid so early on, so Rowan and Harper taking out the Lucha Dragons to get a spot in the Chamber not only protects the Lucha Dragons but also sets up potential feuds with Rowan and Harper, New Day and any other team in the Chamber Match because their success (or failure) in the Chamber took place without them there.

Anyway, onto the match itself- as I've already said there's only two teams with a real chance of winning the Belts, and let's be honest that's stretching there's no way they won't have New Day retain given the way the crowd have taken to them combined with the Consistent Quality of Match they're putting on. I don't know if this match will steal the show as has become the norm for matches featuring New Day and KiddSaro but that's more to do with the other matches on the card. I do think this match will be the most entertaining though- whether it's all three members of New Day trying to fit into a Pod as I really hope they do or hopefully Rowan and Harper completely destroying everything in sight and wreaking havoc I'm really excited for this match. As you know if you read these regularly I always go the extra mile with my already flawed predictions so for both this and the IC Title Match I'm going to Predict the Elimination Order.

1. Los Matadores
2. The Ascension
3. PTP
4. Lucha Dragons/Rowan and Harper
5. KiddSaro
Winner: New Day

Neville v Bo Dallas
This is an interesting one, simple logic would say Neville would win easily- but in a rare occurrence the build for a match has actually made me doubt the seemingly obvious outcome of a match. For me Bo is somewhat of an unknown quantity in this match because now he's gone more serious I'm not sure how much stock they'll have put into Bo because he's shown in NXT he can be a heat magnet and a really solid Heel. I'm hoping this isn't going to be another of the moments that have become seemingly regular in these Predictions when I say why "X" will win and still go for "Y" when I say
Winner: Neville

Nikki Bella v Naomi v Paige- Divas Title
This is an interesting one, it might be because of my general disinterest in the Main Roster Divas but I honestly have no clue who will win this one, I don't really care who does- but I don't know who will either. So I went to JBL's Old Friend Paddy Power. Paige is at 15/8, Naomi is the Favourite at 7/5 and Nikki is at 8/5 and she's dropped to 8/5 from 15/8 when I put my Chamber Accumulator on. For me it's not necessarily obvious- but I've thought for a while that Nikki is going to beat A.Js record as one last spiteful act toward Phillip and I can't see that changing so.
Winner: Nikki Bella

Sheamus v King Barrett v R-Truth v Rusev (?) v Ryback v Dolph Ziggler- IC Title Elimination Chamber
The first question is whether Rusev will even be in the match because he was apparently injured and is therefore a doubt. If Rusev is injured I saw on the Dirtsheets that Bray Wyatt is being discussed which is just a No on all levels from me. I've said it numerous times that Bray should go his whole career without winning a Belt and I stand by that here. However, throwing Bray into let's be honest a Midcarder Chamber Match if he doesn't win it would hurt his character equally if not more than winning a Belt- so it makes it a lose/lose if Bray does end up in the Chamber. I'd look to either Ryder, Rose or Swagger because all three are solid guys who can afford to be a filler spot in the Chamber. If Ryder did end up in the Chamber I'd go down the Santino route with him and put him within a whisker of winning the belt as Santino did against Bryan if it's the other two then they'll be gone first. 

The Next Question is who can take the IC Title after Bryan's let's be honest disaster run as Champion and make it relevant. None of the guys in this match fill me with confidence that they'll elevate it to a level where I go "I wonder what the IC Champion is going to do this week" as I (and many others) are doing with Cena, that said I reckon it's between Sheamus and Ziggler. If Rusev is in the Match that would mean Lana is also nearby and there'll most likely be an angle there to cost Dolph, and if Rusev isn't there- well he's Dolph so it's not the end of the world if he get's pinned. Outside shout is King Barrett, but given the way he's been booked I can't see it- although I'd put money on him stealing the show during this match. 

Elimination Order, Yay!
1. R-Truth
2. Ryback (His Ribs'll do him in)
3. Rusev (or his Replacement)
4. King Barrett
5. Dolph Ziggler
Winner: Sheamus

Kevin Owens v John Cena
I have an apology to make, I said on my RAW Review that Cena will win without a shadow of a doubt and it's a good thing because the US Open Challenge is the best thing going weekly on RAW. I've since realised that the match tonight isn't for the belt- which really throws the proverbial cat amongst the pigeons and makes this matches outcomes a swinging pendulum of unpredictability. The fact there isn't a title on the line makes me lean slightly towards Owens, I have to believe that Owens wouldn't have been called up for a match with Cena and booked the way he was in the build if they didn't see him as a legitimate draw and threat to the Main Guys. That said if you go back to the bare bones of a feud Owens looked good on the go-home RAW which automatically makes Cena the favourite for the match. Given the fact Cena is working Owens on Live Events in the future as far as I'm aware I think that Cena will either win by DQ or Owens wins with Shenanigans, however because it's a "PPV" and I have perhaps misguided optimism
Winner: Kevin Owens

Seth Rollins v Dean Ambrose- WWEWHC Match
It's the Main Event, and it's pretty much the most straightforward match on the card. I have seen a few people saying that Ambrose should win and then Rollins wins it back pretty quickly what with MITB coming up and all- but that's a very outside bet, and the more likely scenario is Rollins wins most likely with shenanigans. The one thing I'm interested to see for this match is if they further tease Rollins v Triple H- maybe with Rollins being pushed into either Trips or Steph and also how much interference they see as necessary for Ambrose to lose- which will in turn help us to gauge how much true value they see in Ambrose. 
Winner: Seth Rollins

Thanks for Reading as always, I'm actually pretty excited for the "PPV" tonight- definitely more so than I was for Payback and it'll be interesting to see how tonight unfolds because tonight is predominantly to try and get the free guys to subscribe so I'm hoping tonight is a good night. Anyway, I guess we'll have to wait and see- I hope you join me for Tonight and tag along on Twitter- but if you can't have no fear the Review will be up tomorrow so stay tuned for that and then we're back into the swing of things with a RAW Review and then an Impact Review in it's new home on Thursday. So stay tuned for all of that, thanks again for reading- and let's come back to this once the "PPV" is over to see how wrong I was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment