Sunday 5 October 2014

Wrestlemania 31- 6 Months in Advance

Welcome to a different type of blog, where I outline the card I would book 6 Months in advance of the show of the immortals.

Yes, I know it was 6 months last Sunday but I was in hospital last Sunday so gimme a break. I'm going to do it realistically(ish), and I'm going to limit the number of returns and I think this is a card that could very much happen- I'm working on the basis of the card last year in terms of numbers of matches, with one added on- as we won't have four 20 minute matches this year with Bryan not wrestling twice. I would appreciate your thoughts as this is firmly based on opinion.

Pre-Show: The Ascension v The Lucha Dragons v Hideo Itami and Finn Balor
I've had a long standing desire for there to be an NXT match on the Pre-Show of every PPV, and this could be the start of something great. I saw that they've teamed Devitt with Kenta on NXT in the last set of tapings- and that is personally how I'd bring them up to the Main Roster as it'll shield them enough to develop on the main stage and hopefully showcase some personality, much in the way Daniel Bryan did with Team Hell No- and it'll eventually set both men up for greatness.
Winner: Hideo Itami and Finn Balor

Sami Zayn v Cesaro
I expect Zayn to be called up before Wrestlemania- possibly in the Rumble, and once again like Daniel Bryan he needs to find his way to get over, and that will most likely be by putting on great matches. We all know what these two can do in the ring, and I would hope by this stage HHH has enough control that he can book at least half the card for this years Mania- and (unless theres a drastic change) we won't have Daniel Bryan in two matches this year, that means there'll be 5 minutes added to two other matches, with this match hopefully taking roughly 15 minutes.
Winner: Sami Zayn

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
I think the plan was to have this to be an annual event, as such I've included it on my card- I'm not going to list everyone in the Battle Royal- as 25 of the 30 will be interchangeable, with the notable ones being Kofi, Rusev, Sheamus, Bray Wyatt and Luke Harper.

Unfortunately I can't see much for Bray's character at the moment, and crucially it doesn't like WWE does either- as such I think he'll be relegated to the Battle Royal. However, I think there will be some character development with Harper and Bray. If the recent promo was anything to go by I can see Harper getting a push as a monster and eventually becoming out of control, even for Bray- and this is where I see it resolving with Harper turning on Bray.
Winner: Luke Harper

Chris Jericho v Seth Rollins
This is the first of four matches I can see happening at this Wrestlemania where The Authority will be involved, as this is where I see the culmination of The Authority Angle. This is the one which'll probably have the least amount of attention out of the four, however I still foresee this match being given 10+ minutes- as such it could potentially steal the show
Winner: Seth Rollins

Stephanie McMahon v Brie Bella
This will be ugly. The match quality won't be that good, however it'll be the blowoff for the Bella angle- so in my opinion the ends will justify the means. Stephanie could obviously interchange with Nikki, however I think Brie will beat Nikki in one of the prior PPVs and once again set her sights on Stephanie, and chase her for what'll feel like forever for us viewers- and finally get her revenge on the grandest stage of them all. This'd also fulfill the Total Divas quota for this Wrestlemania without overloading it, and also giving the Women "wrasslers" a separate spotlight.
Winner: Brie Bella

Dean Ambrose v Randy Orton
With this match and the Jericho-Rollins match the competitors are interchangeable, however given the pairings we're having now I think this'll be the most likely scenario. This match will be given slightly more attention than the Jericho match, just because in my opinion the WWE hold Randy in a higher esteem than Jericho- however this'll be another throwaway match in the grand scheme of things and will likely be on the short side.
Winner: Dean Ambrose

Roman Reigns v Triple H
This'll be where the internet will go into meltdown. I don't think Reigns will be ready for Lesnar, so I think we'll see Reigns continue his feud with The Authority for the foreseeable future, with him going through Orton already, I can see him having matches with Rollins and Kane once he comes back from injury and eventually building to the match they teased when HHH and Reigns faced-off on that RAW many moons ago.
Winner: Roman Reigns

AJ v Charlotte v Paige- Divas Championship
Once again, I see Charlotte coming up very soon- and I would hope they begin to gulf the "Women" and the "Divas". This would be the culmination of A.J's reign as the top Diva in my opinion, and I can see her passing the metaphorical torch to either of these women. However I can see Charlotte getting an extreme push once she moves to the main roster, especially with Ric Flair potentially managing her on the main roster until Charlotte turns on her Dad somewhere down the line.
Winner: Charlotte

John Cena v Daniel Bryan
Let me explain this one, because it'll be very complex- but if done right would be the best storyline in recent memory. Bryan coming back around Royal Rumble time will likely be a huge pop for the crowd and a very feel-good moment. However I don't want Bryan to do "against all odds" type story again. Cena winning the belt as a consequence of Bryans injury could be used as a story, and with the real life relationships of both of these men they could play up a jealousy aspect considering the size of houses, style of living etc. This'd of course mean turning Bryan heel, but he's shown he can be a very entertaining heel during his WHC run with A.J.- and the pop for him returning will be all the better once he turns at the height of his popularity.
Winner: Daniel Bryan

Brock Lesnar v The Undertaker- WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match
Yes, Sting is an option- and a very viable one. However this will be the most powerful story in WWE history in my opinion. We have Heyman doing his "1 behind the 1 in 21 and 1" schtick one week, and the good old gong hits and the lights go out and we see a creepy vignette with tombstones and lightning and then at the end of the vignette we see three words that'll shape the build to Wrestlemania "Nothing to Lose".

The Streak was undeniably the greatest part of every Wrestlemania in recent history, however every match since Wrestlemania 25 was solely about The Streak- as such The Undertaker was the one with something to lose. In this match Brock Lesnar has everything to lose, and Taker won't have anything to lose now The Streak is gone. This'll be the selling point for the match- and will also provide The Undertaker the right vehicle to finally ride off into the sunset with, by vacating the following night.
Winner: The Undertaker

There are some potential competitors for this Mania that I simply couldn't fit on the card- or simply don't think they will be such as Sting and CM Punk.

Thanks for reading this blog, its a different type of blog so I'd appreciate feedback- and when we get to the end of March it'll be interesting to see how catastrophically wrong I was. Thanks again.

No comments:

Post a Comment