Thursday 16 October 2014

TNA Impact Review- 15th October

Welcome to another Impact review, after the Tag Title series was finished- and with them coming off of Bound for Glory you had to hope they would address the storylines that weren't addressed at their biggest PPV, but how did the episode fare?

Kurt Angle, Lashley Segment
I'd have preferred a heel to announced in the Fourway, because its obvious who was going to win either way- and it could have been a good spot for James Storm or another upper-midcard heel and a match always works better when someone can play dirty. I was worried when they gave Lashley a mic however the lines he delivered were thankfully short and succinct and did benefit Lashley in he looked threatening even without touching Angle.

Madison Rayne v Havok- TNA Womens Title Match
I haven't watched Bound for Glory, nor do I intend to- however I'm presuming Velvet being Velvet the match was pretty average. Its clear the only reason she was on the PPV was because she was going to be there anyway because she's banging Bully. Either way this match must surely have been better. Havok needs someone who can work at a higher speed than Madison can, however the match was still alright. Havoks selling, or lack thereof would be something I'd address were I to begin booking as her selling in this match looked stupid- and she should either get hit harder, or no-sell in my opinion as her snapping her head back from pretty weak punches just looked strange.

Magnus v Matt Hardy
I'm not sure why Matt is still around, and Magnus was right to an extent in the backstage segment when he asked why he was still here after The Hardys lost the Tag Title series, and him being in Jeffs shadow. I've always respected Hardy, and from a pure wrestling standpoint Matt is better than Jeff- however there's a reason Jeff has been WWE & TNA Champion and Matt hasn't. This being said I don't like them having Magnus lose to Matt as Magnus is going to be integral to TNA's long-term success or lack thereof going if TNA is still around in 2015. I also don't really see a storyline for Matt other than a rehash of the Matt v Jeff storyline from WWE, which would be just that and fans would call TNA on that.

The Menagerie v Angelina Love and the Two Bromans who aren't on another show
They thankfully limited Rebel to 2 Offensive maneuvers and getting spanked. The Beautiful People have absolutely no chemistry with The Bromans and the crowd I think could sense it, and were dead during this match. I'd of liked to see more of Knux and DJ Z but I'm not adverse to seeing Crazzy Steve as he's surprised me with regard to his in-ring work. This match was proof to anyone who needed it that TV-14 doesn't automatically make better segments.

EC3, "Tyrus", Devon, Bram Segment
I like Brodus Clay coming in as EC3's bodyguard as he is a legitimate bodyguard, physically imposing, and can work to a good level given the opportunity that he never really was as the "Funkasaurus". I'm not sold on the name "Tyrus" but thats by-the-by in the short-term. EC3 is as good on the mic as he always is- and I look forward to a Spud facing off against "Tyrus". Bram is presumably being brought into the fold to take out Devon, and sell an injury angle which would write Devon off TV now Bully is done with the company (supposedly). Did you know Bram was married to Charlotte? I only just found out... Strange World.

EC3 v Devon
The greatest competitor ever has now beaten every member of the TNA Hall of Fame!

Tyrus v Sharkboy
This was a good squash match, and its helped because Tyrus looks and acts like a monster. I like his singlet with "Redemption" on it, as I've always thought he should of been given a fair crack of the whip as a monster heel in WWE which I thought he'd get when he turned on Tensai, but it wasn't to be- and much in the same way EC3 has gotten himself over as a key part of the TNA product I have high hopes "Tyrus" will do the same, if he is in for the long-term and not just here in a Snitsky/Ezekiel Jackson role.

Jeff Harvey v Austin Aries v Eric Young v Bobby Roooooooooooooooo
The double pinfall with Hardy and Young being eliminated was an interesting way to go, and was presumably so neither man had the tag line of being the worst of the big 4 Babyfaces in the match. I'm happy they had Roode pin EY as I still maintain they should go with an EY heel turn in the near future, and it could make a good title feud *wink wink nudge nudge*. The outcome was never in doubt, but I'm happy they had the sense to have a 1 v 1 match between Aries and Roode, as they always have more drama, which is befitting of a #1 Contender Match. I'm going to be bold and say Half of the men in this match will be a heel by the end of the year.

Thanks for reading, I hope you're still enjoying these review blogs. If you read all of my blogs you'll be happy to know I'm back with my Fulham blogs tomorrow in a preview for the Norwich game. and I'll have the review up on Saturday, and depending on what mood I'm in I might do a blog on Sunday which'd be another opinion based blog like my "Wrestlemania 31- 6 Months in Advance blog". Thanks again for reading, any and all feedback is appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment