Sunday 19 June 2016

Money in the Bank Predictions

Hello! Are you lot ready to watch the best Money in the Bank PPV ever?! Well, all you have to do is get the WWE Network for 9.99, go onto the menu, go to the 2011 PPV's and watch Money in the Bank! In all seriousness, I do wonder why they're outright billing this as the best Money in the Bank in history, especially given their tendencies to fuck pretty much everything up. But, I'll happily eat my words if this does in fact turn out to be the best Money in the Bank ever- because I'll be ridiculously happy as a result of having watched it. This show does have some serious potential as well, especially with the two main events of Styles/Cena and Reigns/Rollins. So, basically while I think it's incredibly unlikely- it's not a complete impossibility that this does in fact become the "best Money in the Bank ever".

This PPV has had one of the weirdest builds in recent memory, because the card was shaping up pretty nicely I thought- and it had a good balance to it. Then, completely out of nowhere we've gone from 7 Matches on the card to 10- with to put into context this years Mania had 12 and it was a 6 Hour show that went over time. So god knows how much time the majority of the matches on the card tonight are actually going to get. Anyway, there's 10 bloody matches to predict- so I'm just going to start.

Pre-Show: The Dudleys v The Lucha Dragons
I legitimately have absolutely no clue about this match. I don't know if they've done a build of sorts for this on Main Event and/or Superstars- but on RAW and even Smackdown, I legitimately don't think there's been a single segment to build this match. I'm going to predict The Dudleys, but let's be honest- who actually gives a fuck?
Winner: The Dudleys

Pre-Show: Golden Truth v Fabreeze
This match has at least had a build. I'm predicting that Golden Truth will finally get their first win as a team, but I could genuinely see Fabreeze beating them again- because the gimmick for Golden Truth seems to be they just keep losing. I will condition this Golden Truth win on The Dudleys beating the Lucha Dragons. If the Lucha Dragons win, then I'm 99% certain that Fabreeze will win- because I can't see a scenario where the outcomes aren't a Heel/Babyface split on the Pre-Show. I'd actually prefer that to be honest, mainly because I like Fabreeze a helluva lot more than Golden Truth.
Winner: Golden Truth

The Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Moving onto the main card now, and one of the "big ones" in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match. Let's just get the Fantasy booking out of the way early, if I was in charge and assuming Bray's ready to return this is what I'd do as I said two weeks ago.

"A Babyface is climbing a Ladder and is about to win, Bray's screen effect hits and the lights go out. The Family push whomever the Babyface about to win is off the Ladder with them being under the Ring the whole time. Bray makes his Entrance with the Lantern, gets in the ring, climbs the Ladder, opens the Briefcase, takes the Contract out and lights it on fire. He then walks out with all of the MITB guys strategically being laid out on the outside (after a big dive spot) so Bray walks out, with a pile of prone bodies laid out- with someone's literal chance of being a WWE Champion burning away in his hand."

The Odds have significantly changed since I first checked them, but the fact Dean Ambrose wasn't in fact favourite when I first checked them blew my mind. To me, Ambrose winning the Briefcase is literally the only "right" option this year. People can make arguments for Jericho and Owens, and I'd probably end up supporting some of them under the right set of circumstances. However, with the other two thirds of the Shield currently in the Title picture and likely to be in and around it for a while- Ambrose winning is just the right option.

As I said, the other two guys I'd support winning would be Jericho and Owens. Owens because he's, well Owens- and Jericho because he's just absolutely fucking amazing. However, I can't see Owens winning- and going back to the fact he was favourite with the bookies instead of Ambrose when I first checked it's baffling to me. I've said this so many times now, Zayn and Owens are going to just keep fucking each other out of great opportunities until Summerslam when they have their blow-off match. That leaves us with the Gift of Jericho as the only other contender, drink it in maaaaaaan.

I'm saying all of this, and it'll end up with Del Rio winning like Sheamus last year- but unlike Sheamus, Del Rio doesn't have a film coming out anytime soon. I still maintain to this day that Sheamus was only going to be cashing in and having the Title around this time of year while he's plugging Ninja Turtles before almost every Main-Eventer got hurt at the same time. Anyway, Ambrose or my Fantasy Booking with Bray please.
Winner: Dean Ambrose

Charlotte & Dana Brooke v Natalya & Becky Lynch
Bryan Alvarez has said there'll be a "surprise" in this match. Granted, Alvarez isn't the most reliable of sources sometimes- but it's worth talking about the potential "surprise" because if nothing else it means I can avoid talking about the match. I'm sure when people saw the "surprise", most people immediately jumped to Sasha Banks. That's the one I'm sure most people are expecting, and it's the one I want.

However, with the thing about Daniel Bryan supposedly teaching Nikki a new finisher- and checking her Twitter (after unfollowing them months ago) Nikki's been out of her Neck brace for a few months now I'm going to predict a return of Nikki Bella *shudders*. Because what this new Womens Division needs in its infancy is for Nikki Bella to return as a Babyface and go after Charlotte. To be honest, I think I'd actually take her return if it meant no more Natalya. Say what you want about Nikki, but at least she has some charisma. Anyway, I'm basically predicting Charlotte and Dana to win with shenanigans, beat Nattie and Becky up after and a Nikki run-in.

I'd actually find this hilarious if they ended up booing Nikki's run-in because they wanted Sasha.
Winner: Charlotte & Dana Brooke

Apollo Crews v Sheamus
I'm not so much expecting as hoping to god that Crews wins this match. I'm expecting Crews to win with a roll-up, and then possibly Sheamus attacking him after said roll-up to ensure that nobody gets over from this match. If this was still on the Pre-Show I'd be predicting Crews no problem, but with it being on the main show now it opens up the chances of a Heel win- and given how Crews has been booked since his call-up it genuinely wouldn't surprise me if they had Sheamus win this.
Winner: Apollo Crews

Baron Corbin v Dolph Ziggler
God I'm sick of predicting this match in these Monthly Predictions. Corbin wins, and let's all hope that we finally get the end of this horrendous feud.
Winner: Baron Corbin

Rusev v Titus O'Neil- US Title Match
After what was happening around this time last year, with the Primetime Players beating New Day for the Tag Titles because Titus is a nice dad- the fact this PPV takes place on Fathers Day means you honestly can't rule out a Titus win in this match. As hideous as the fact is, it is a fact. I'm just hoping to every god that it doesn't become a reality though, and Rusev machka's Titus. Bonus points if Titus' kids are in the front row and are watching as Titus gets killed by the Accolade. I could also see a Darren Young run-in if Rusev keeps attacking Titus after the match is over.
Winner: Rusev

New Day v The Club v The Vaudevillains v Enzo & Big Cass- Tag Title Match
I'd be genuinely happy if any of these 4 teams won tonight, yes even the Vaudevillains. With there not being another PPV before they do the RAW & Smackdown Draft, if New Day are going to be split up- they're losing the Tag Titles tonight. So that's one thing to have in the back of your mind when the outcome of this match is known. The only team that I can see taking the Tag Titles off New Day is The Club, and I wouldn't be against that for obvious reasons- but I think the New Day will hold onto the Tag Titles for a little while yet.

However, I can also see a scenario where The Club win the Tag Titles and AJ beats Cena to properly establish them as a dominant force. It's unlikely, but not impossible.
Winner: New Day

AJ Styles v John Cena
Speaking of AJ beating Cena, here we are with this match- which legitimately feels like the Main Event of the show. This match actually feels like a really big deal, and the crowd have reciprocated with the entire build for this match, from the moment AJ's music hit on Cena's first night back.

The vast majority of people are predicting an AJ win, with the usual Cena formula of him losing the first match and going on to win the following two and winning the feud in mind. However, the third match of this feud is at Summerslam, and with me possible reading too much into it- I think AJ is actually going to win this feud.

2015 Summerslam: Cena loses the US Title to Seth Rollins
2014 Summerslam: Cena gets murdered by Brock
2013 Summerslam: Cena loses clean to Daniel Bryan
2012 Summerslam: Punk beats Cena & Big Show
2011 Summerslam: Punk beats Cena to become the Undisputed WWE Champion

In short, Summerslam has turned into the one event that WWE aren't afraid to have Cena lose at. As a result, this is why I think AJ is winning the feud. It's with all of that said combined with this being Cena's first match back, which is why I'm saying Cena winning tonight is a real possibility. If they flipped the usual Cena formula on its head, and had Cena win tonight and have Cena actually being chased rather than do the chasing for Battleground I'd absolutely love it. Especially with the Draft coming up before Battleground, there's a very realistic chance Cena and AJ are the two top guys on Smackdown and this turns into a Title feud.

I do still think it's more likely AJ wins tonight, Cena gets his win back at Battleground and then its up in the air about who wins at Summerslam- but I wish it wasn't. The one thing I don't want in this match is Club interference, I'd honestly rather Cena wins clean than we get Club interference that completely nullifies the point of the segment on Monday. I doubt I'll be happy in that respect after the match, especially if AJ is winning- but in all honesty I'm just really looking forward to this match. This match has the genuine potential to be the Match of the Year, at least in WWE- so I'm just going to let it all unfold.
Winner: AJ Styles (although I want it to be Cena)

Roman Reigns v Seth Rollins- WWE Title Match
I think we all know Roman's winning. The manner in which he wins will tell us a lot about where they're going with both guys heading into Summerslam. My preferred, and most likely option in my opinion is Triple H interfering in this match to either cost Rollins the Title or just destroy both guys because he wants his Title rematch. I'm not sure what the chances of Triple H wrestling at Battleground would be, but considering they had Brock on the card last year (and an Undertaker return) I'd say it's not a complete impossibility. My ideal scenario would be Triple H costing Rollins tonight, Rollins costing Triple H at Battleground (or a Triple Threat at Battleground so Triple H doesn't have to do "too much") and then we get the proper Rollins/Triple H match at Summerslam.

The next option on the list is to have an Ambrose cash-in, Triple Threat, flashbacks to Mania with Seth and Ambrose "steals" the Title from Roman. That could actually work with Summerslam and a potential Rollins/Triple H match in mind, and I definitely wouldn't be against it- it's just not my preferred option. The third option, and in what is by far the most unlikely- they spend the whole match having Roman target Seth's knee, have Roman win clean but they've done a double turn in  the process. I would absolutely love it if this did actually happen, but I think there's more chance of me beating anyone clean, or really just beating anyone.

I've said all of this, and much like the AJ matches Roman will just turn around and beat Seth clean in Vince's continued quest to see if the amount of outrage generated can power Titan Tower for a whole month until the next clean win for Roman. I'm probably putting too much faith in WWE in that respect but I don't think it'll happen.

Much in the way of Triple H headlining the biggest Mania ever, I think Triple H being the one standing tall to end the "best Money in the Bank ever"- especially with the ill-feeling between Punk and Triple H is the most likely option. I've probably put too much thought into it by going down that route- but you never know really. Anyway, Roman retains and Triple H interferes.
Winner: Roman Reigns

As I said at the start, this PPV has some serious potential on the card. There's three matches, possibly four matches in AJ/Cena, Reigns/Rollins, The MITB match & the Tag Title match that could be on a Match of the Year contenders list come December. It's with that in mind I say, tonight could be one of the greatest examples ever of the WWE having all of the talent to succeed but being completely incompetent when it comes to how to book them. As always though, I'm hoping for the best and I'm full of praise for the "best Money in the Bank ever" in my Review tomorrow.

Thanks for reading as always, as just mentioned the Money in the Bank Review will be out tomorrow so hopefully you'll be back here tomorrow for it. Before that, if you're watching the PPV live you can tag along on Twitter with me. Thanks again for reading, I know I've made a lot of jokes about it, but I've got an open mind. Tonight could in fact be the best Money in the Bank PPV ever- and if it is I'll be over the moon, because it's got a really high bar to surpass.

No comments:

Post a Comment