Thursday 1 October 2015

Destination Impact Review: 30th September

Hello! That's right, the Impact Reviews are back baybay! I know I missed last week, and there's obviously people who do read them- so if you read the Impact Reviews exclusively then I can only apologise. The fact is, last week was just a nothing episode and the Review would have only been me getting angry. I simply can't care about Impact any more, so when it genuinely was a choice out of doing an Impact Review or doing a Preview for one of Fulham's biggest games of the season- Fulham wins every time. There's no time to waste, this Review is of course of the last TNA show before Bound for Glory- and it's also the last Review of the mammoth set of Tapings TNA did. After Bound for Glory depending on what they decide to air for the rest of their Destination America run these Impact/TNA Reviews may well be stopping. So, let's get on with possibly the last Impact Review for a while.

EC3, Dixie, Drew Galloway Promo
This segment was actually pretty good. EC3 is very good, and Galloway is decent as well. The problem I had with this segment, and really the show last night. IT'S STILL FOCUSED ON DIXIE FUCKING CARTER. I thought after the TNA/GFW angle she'd have moved to the back of the picture a bit more, but no- I'm pretty sure last night she was featured in more segments than the Impact's during the Invasion Angle. I said it two weeks ago, I simply can't care about a show where it's main focus is Dixie Carter. Also, this segment featured the worst and most blatant piped in booing ever.

James Storm Backstage Promo
Again, this was pretty good. I simply don't care about Shera- but Storm's still good and he's trying his best to get this angle over. I'm not saying he's succeeded, but he's trying.

EC3 & Dixie Backstage
That's two Dixie segments out of three.

Mahabali Shera v James Storm- No DQ Match
This match was all kinds of just stupid. I'm not going to blame either guy involved in the match, I'm going to blame whoever's writing the show and then the agent who put the match together. Before we reached the crescendo it was an above average match, I won't say good- but still it wasn't anything that I could complain about either. Then it all just went horribly wrong. Firstly, Storm got a Beer Bottle out and being the vicious Heel he is he decided to do a "beer mist" rather than hit him with the Bottle. Stupid. Then Storm did a Cow Bell to the Head and then a Table Spot with Shera Kicking Out. Great. Storm then smashed a beer bottle and was going to I suppose stab Shera, which in a No DQ match is of course a perfectly legal thing to do and obviously would mean Storm wins. The Revolution then come out, and what ensued was a 2-on-1 beat-down of the Heel to ensure that the Babyface would win. Stupid.

Nobody got over from this segment. Shera couldn't beat Storm on his own, Storm obviously lost and Abyss and Manik could only get the better of Storm in a 2-on-1 attack. Stupid.

Dixie Carter Backstage Promo
Three Dixie segments out of five. This one was funny because we were about 30 Minutes into the show at this point and the Table for 3 thing on the Network had just finished so I got up to get my remote to turn the Network off, and when I came back Dixie was still talking.

Bobby Roode Promo
I really like Bobby Roode, I don't think there's many who don't. But the King of the Mountain Title is just stupid, I don't care how much Roode tries to put it over- and fuck me did he try in this Promo. Roode and Lashley should be good on Sunday, so this segment wasn't a complete waste- but these two feuding over this Belt is just a waste of both guys.

Dollhouse Promo
This Promo was stupid. It did set-up what happened later on in the match in that Taryn said she had a "plan", but that was stupid as well.

Trevor Lee v DJ Z v Rick Ru- Tommaso Ciampa
The Ciampa stuff was funny, and in a rare event- TNA actually didn't do something stupid/get fucked over. That would of course have been the case if Ciampa had won and gone over two (I think Lee's signed) TNA Talents. The match wasn't much, all three guys tried their best and there was definite flippy shit. Again, the only problem I had to do with this segment isn't anything to do with the guys involved.

They put over the fact Trevor Lee was still around after the GFW stuff because Lee & Myers have a MANDATORY Rematch Clause for the Titles seeing as they lost them. This on the same show where they were hyping up Gail Kim v KONG after Gail beat BROOKE for the Title. Now that I think about it I'm pretty sure Taryn didn't even get her Rematch. Yay TNA!

The Beautiful People Promo
This Promo was strange, that's the only way I can really describe it. I'm not sure if it was strange in a good way though.

EC3 Backstage
This wasn't a Dixie Promo, but it was EC3 cutting a Promo about Dixie. Because, you see Dixie Carter is the main star on this show.

The Dollhouse v The Beautiful People
This match wasn't much. They had Velvet in there for most of the match and Madison as the Hot Tag which made no sense to me. I would say the Powder was a stupid spot, and well it was- and it was doubly stupid to do two "blinded" spots on the same show after Storm's Beer Mist spot with Hebner. But Taryn had a "plan", and the Dollhouse won. Good Plan.

Gail Kim/Kong Video Package
This was a good way to hype up the match, and AGAIN the issue I had with this wasn't due to either person involved in-front of the camera. Say Brooke waived her Rematch Clause, let's just say she did- how the hell did Kong get a Title Match?

Eric Young Promo
I hate this show. So, Eric Young comes out and calls out anyone from the back for a fight. I'm not sure why a Heel would be challenging anyone to a fair fight, but hey maybe he'd cheat. Robbie E comes out and get's completely killed, and don't give me about the Low Blow- because much in the way of the Storm stuff earlier there weren't any rules and Robbie knew that when he accepted the challenge. Then Melendez comes out WITH A WEAPON after Eric has just taken on one guy after he stole Eric Young's prosthetic leg from him. Because, it's still legally Eric Young's seeing as the match last week wasn't a "Leg Match".

So EY after already fighting off one man, get's out of the way of another because he has a weapon and then Mr. Anderson comes out and does a little Promo before chasing EY back into the ring for all three guys to hit their finishers. INCLUDING ROBBIE E. So, let's just put this in simple terms. Eric Young comes out and challenges someone to a fight, he wins said fight, Melendez needs a weapon in order to take on EY and then all three Babyfaces ganged up on the Heel and killed him. Especially in the case of Robbie E who lost a 1-on-1 and could only get his finisher in when he had a numerical advantage- what dicks.

Matt Hardy & Drew Galloway Backstage
I was fascinated by this Promo. It wasn't in the usual Interview area, it appeared as though they were doing the Promo in a Board Room.

Eric Young & Dixie Backstage
Yup, Dixie's back. This whole thing was EY complaining about getting ganged up on, which is fair enough in my book and Dixie basically saying too bad- which makes her a pretty shit boss. At least EY against Angle would be good. It would've been nice if they'd actually announced a Kurt Angle match before the week of the PPV seeing as he's the biggest star they've got wrestling at the show- but what do I know?

Matt Hardy & Drew Galloway v EC3 & Tyrus
This match was decent, but it wasn't anything more. I genuinely didn't know about this match/stipulation when I decided to miss the Review last week, but I'm glad I did because nothing from last week had any impact on the direction of the show. It was also good of TNA to only establish what the Main Event for their "biggest show of the year" is the week of the PPV.

Then we get onto another thing that pissed me off on the show last night. So DIXIE FUCKING CARTER comes out and says she wants to make sure the Main Event for Bound for Glory is FAIR. So to ensure said FAIRNESS she's gotten JEFF HARDY, MATT'S BROTHER TO SPECIAL GUEST REF THE THING. FAIR?! Not just that, they've completely blown off the Jeff quitting/firing already- and Jeff's back WHILE THE "PERSONAL ASSISTANT STIPULATION SHOULD STILL BE IN PLACE. The message here is, don't adhere to stipulations you agreed to and you get a spot in the Main Event. TNA.

So this show could have gone better, especially seeing as it was the last Impact they had taped. I genuinely couldn't tell you if these Impact Reviews will be back next week at this stage, and given Dixie's track record of "big announcements" I'm not even sure I'll be able to tell you after Monday.

Thanks for reading as always, this might end up being the last Impact Review- at least for a while. So, if it is thanks to all of you who have been reading these since I brought them back in Early May it's not always been easy- but I hope you've enjoyed my meltdowns. We're not far off from a pretty busy weekend now, I'll hopefully have the MSG Review up on Sunday- but I can't 100% commit to it at this stage. Then of course there is Bound for Glory and the Review for that will be up on Monday, RAW up on Tuesday and we've got the Takeover Review coming up on Thursday. All in all, it's going to be busy- but I hope you stay tuned for all of the Reviews. Thanks again for reading, and let's all look forward to Bound for Glory where JAY BRADLEY AND HIS BOOMSTICK ARE BACK!

No comments:

Post a Comment