Thursday 11 September 2014

TNA Impact Review- 10th September

Hello, Welcome to another Impact review the first of which for me on a new Netbook I bought, so forgive me if there is a few typos but my fingers are fat.

Chris Melendez v DJ Z
We started with the American National Anthem which I was fine with given the significance of the date, but I hope this doesn't become a regular thing when Melendez is around. Onto the match itself- Melendez looks green as anything, from what I've read the match they aired was retaped because the first one was so botchy. That being said the very basic moveset he had, he utilised well, and he appears to know how to sell. I said it before I don't care where Melendez has come from (I do respect the armed forces don't get me wrong) I don't like the "cheap pop" gimmicks. If (as I would assume) he's in for the long haul he needs to really knuckle down, I was surprised they didn't play up Zema's Filipino aspect and disrespect Melendez but thats just me. I don't know what Melendez is like on the mic but I would honestly turn him heel pretty quickly as he could get some heat "I'M A WAR HERO DAMMIT".

Bobby Roode, MVP, King, Lashley Promo
Roode is a lot better than the promo he delivered. I don't like the "fighting spirit" promos from anyone but I especially don't like them when they come from a guy capable of so much better. The "heart and passion for pro wrestling" line made me want to throw up rainbows. The Joe run-in made sense to me after the "events" of last week, however I think they could of easily had someone else come out with him other than Roode. I think (at least in my opinion) they're gearing to an Eric Young heel turn which would enable Lashley to retain, so they shouldn't of had them reconcile so quickly after last week.

Lashley, King, MVP v Roode, Young and Joe
Firstly I'd of had King take the pin. As I've said in previous weeks Kings anonymity should lead to a storyline further down the road either against Lashley or MVP. As such MVP took the fall for Roode which is also perfectly acceptable looking at it as a singular event. The match was perfectly good, although I'd of liked to see Joe and Lashley go at it again as that has the makings for a very good long-term feud.

Is it Brittany who's after Shaw? I don't recognise her.

Beautiful Bros v The Menagerie
Rebel looks awful. She's slightly better than Eva Marie because she at least looks mildly athletic, however aside from the gymnastic like moves she looked woeful. I'm not sure where I read it, but I read somewhere that she injures herself in the Battle Royal next week, which doesn't surprise me. The match itself was alright Crazzy Steve should become more like The Joker in my opinion, maybe they're saving that for a heel turn. But the whole angle for the match worked well.

Kurt Angle, EC3 promo
Once again EC3 delivered a good promo. I think Paul Heyman said it on Steve Austins podcast best "Fire Me, but I'll go somewhere else- and you'll end up paying me more money to rehire me". I'm not saying EC3 is going to go back to WWE, although we're in desperate need for another entertaining midcard Heel act alongside Miz- but the point remains. If he'd stayed in WWE he might of been earning slightly more money, but he clearly has a passion for the Wrestling business. And whilst TNA's future is still up in the air, whether he re-signs with TNA or goes to GFW, ROH or Japan or wherever he's added an extra "0" onto the paycheck he's going to be getting.

EC3 v Rhino
This match was pretty good, I said it last week that its a must that EC3 goes over Rhino- as such I hope this brings an end to this mini-feud over the grand feud of EC3 wanting to kill everyone complicit with putting Dixie through a table. I would hope this was by design but EC3 winning without Spud to help him added something extra to the victory as he went over "clean". I would hope this isn't the last we see of Rhino in TNA. Although there aren't any obvious storylines for him, he could easily be in the "Jericho" role and help make a few people along the way as his name still carries some weight.

Knockouts Calendar Reveal
It would appear as though the Beautful People are close to combustion, which is alright in my book as they haven't really gotten the momentum their original run got. This will also mean we'll be getting a Velvet-Angelina feud I would assume, on top of whatever they're going to have Brittany do (I think its her in the Samuel Shaw stuff) the Jessicka Havok-Gail Kim feud we could every knockout involved with something interesting in the coming weeks. I expected Havok to take out a few more of the knockouts when she came out, but after events that occurred later I don't mind it as much.

The James Storm character is getting very interesting in my opinion, and (in my opinion) they've steered clear of any Wyatt Family comparisons because of the manner in which Storm has cut his promos, and the mannerisms of "The Great" Sanada. I was expecting Manik to come out as Suicide next week but it would appear he's going to wrestle as TJ Perkins after the removal of his mask- which is equally acceptable in my opinion

James Storm and "The Great" Sanada v Tajiri and Austin Aries
Tajiri doesn'r look like he's lost a step, and I would assume he's going to have some kind of part in Bound for Glory or some of the Impacts leading up to it as the outcome meant there was room for at least one more match between these four. Storm using the "beer mist" I wasn't sure about, as (in my opinion) he should be distancing himself from his previous characters in order to get this new character over- which is also why I'm not overjoyed about TNA still referring to Storm as "The Cowboy" James Storm. I do wonder if Aries is in the dog house over his comments over the 6-Sided Ring in the early summer, as he could at the very least be after Joe for the X-Division title, rather than becoming an enhancement guy for a new gimmick.

Jessicka Havok, Gail Kim brawl
This is what Womens WRESTLING should be. No stupid Jerry Springer and menacing finger brandishing soap opera storylines. Why can't we just have two women want to kill each other? Havok's chokeslam is one the best I've seen from a women in a long time, and I liked they kept the fight pretty 50-50 as that in turn will lead to some doubt when Kim and Havok face off after Havok wins the Battle Royal next week. (I haven't read the spoilers- but I've got a brain cell). Havok destroying two guys was a nice touch as they should book her as a destroyed until (fantasy booking) Kong comes back, although from what Kia Stevens has said about Dixie before I highly doubt thats a possibility.

The Hardys v Team 3D v The Wolves
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that either The Wolves or The Hardys were going to win, and pick a Ladder match building to a TLC match (or Full Metal Mayhem or whatever they call it in TNA) at Bound for Glory. Although that could be up in the air given Bully Rays alleged contract situation they're still advertising Team 3D for the TNA Hall of Fame at Bound for Glory so I would assume they've resolved it with a short-term deal. I'd of booked the teams order of winning differently as if they're building to putting The Wolves over (which I think they are) as they the best team, they should of had The Wolves pick either Tables or Ladders matches as that is viewed as the specialty of Team 3D and The Hardys respectively. I also don't see the logic in having The Wolves win the Ladder match if they are building to The Wolves going over when its 1-1-1 as them winning two in a row won't have as much of an impact (no pun intended) with the crows.

Thanks again for reading, Its honestly a pleasure at the moment to watch Impact, and I hope you all feel the same way. Thanks again, feedback is very much appreciated.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment