Sunday 21 September 2014

Night of Champions- Predictions

Welcome to my second prediction blog for PPVs, and the less said about my predictions for Summerslam the better. I hope I do better this time around.

Pre-Show
Unless I'm mistaken there isn't a Pre-Show match for the PPV, rather a Peep Show with Christian and Jericho. I'm not sure what the angle for this'll be- but I think it'll be something along the lines of Orton punting Christian.

Star and Goldust v The Usos- Tag Team Championship
This is pretty straightforward in my opinion, The Usos (unless I'm mistaken) are the longest running champions currently in WWE- and considering the lack of a heel tag team to challenge The Usos in the long run (assuming The Ascension aren't called up) The Dust brothers will win this through some shenanigans to set the rematch up
Winner: Star and Goldust

Nikki Bella v Paige v A.J.- Divas Championship Match
Again this one is pretty straightforward in my opinion. Unless they do something along the lines of putting the belt on Nikki to have a Bella-Bella feud for the title (which is a possibility) the more likely scenario is Brie costing Nikki the match in order to further their feud, leaving Paige to pin A.J.
Winner: Paige

Mark Henry v Rusev
With Henry main eventing the RAW prior to this PPV, this match is a bit harder to call- as they've clearly got more behind Henry's USA gimmick than they did Swaggers. However I can't see Rusev losing yet, so I expect Big Show after the backstage vignette they had a few weeks ago to cost Henry the match, order Rusev and Lana to pull some shenanigans
Winner: Rusev

The Miz v Dolph Ziggler- Intercontinental Championship Match
I Can honestly see this one going either way. I spoke in my Summerslam Review of my thoughts that they were simply putting the title on Dolph in order to pop the crowd with a definitely heel-oriented card after. With the lack of contenders from a heel standpoint for the Title I can see Miz winning today. However Once again this card is very heel based in terms of winners as such;
Winner: Dolph Ziggler

Cesaro v Sheamus- United States Championship Match
Once again this could go either way, however contrary to what most people believe (or rather hope) will happen is Cesaro to go over Sheamus. However similar reasons to Dolph going over, I think in a very heel oriented card they'd want a Babyface to win. I also think after this match we will see Rusev going after the US Title meaning he of course needs a babyface to feud with.
Winner: Sheamus

Chris Jericho v Randy Orton
This is one of the definite ones (as much as there can be). With Jericho leaving the WWE after tonight its almost nailed on Randy will win. However I read somewhere there isn't a Fozzy gig tomorrow night, so there is always a possibility Jericho goes over tonight, and gets killed tomorrow. However I think its more likely;
Winner: Randy Orton

Brock Lesnar v John Cena
This is honestly the hardest one to call on the PPV. A lot of people I've seen have Lesnar nailed on for a victory, however its Cena. This'll sound weird, Roman Reigns getting injured may have just sealed this matches outcome. Reigns was (in my opinion) getting built for a Mania match at Wrestlemania where he'd of taken the belt off of Lesnar. However now Reigns is out (reportedly) for 4-6 Weeks that will of upset quite a few plans.

Cena never usually loses "Rubber" matches where its billed as "Redemption", Never. As such if Lesnar were to win it'd be a very big deal. However with the report that Vince wants Cena to be even stronger (see what I did there);
Winner: John Cena

I don't however think the night will be done there, Lesnar will deliver a substantial beating to Cena- that much has become clear, and I can foresee him crawling into the Pinfall which he'd win the belt with. Cue Seth Rollins. Rollins obviously not now having a match at the PPV is an unfortunate set of circumstances- however he will still make a substantial impact on the PPV. I can see him coming out (maybe with Kane- although I'd hope not) and hitting a curb stomp on Cena who is only just getting to his feet. He's about to cash in the contract for what will undoubtedly be his first WWE Title when- Dean Ambrose comes out. Ambrose (apparently) finished his film this week, this combined with the fact there is no obvious feud for Rollins whilst Reigns is on the sideline I think we'll see Ambrose's crazy eyes finishing the PPV.

Thanks again for reading, feel free to tweet me your predictions for the PPV. Feedback is appreciated- Thanks Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment