Sunday 22 November 2015

Survivor Series Predictions

It's been a nice, quiet build up to tonight's PPV this week. There's nothing that significant that's happened throughout the week. Unless, of course I've missed something. Actually, it's all coming back to me now- Adam Rose and Brad Maddox teamed up on Main Event. But seriously, this week has been fucked up- there's not many other ways to say it.

I suppose now it's a much clearer picture I'll talk a bit more about the Charlotte and Reid Flair stuff. Do I think it's fucked up what they did? Absolutely. Does it surprise me in any way? Nope. Firstly, I do agree up to a point with people freaking out over the angle and then saying they want the Attitude Era back- up to a point. The angle whatever else you may say definitely had an edge to it, but I don't deny it wasn't the "right" kind of edge. The WWE putting it all on Charlotte, well firstly I don't buy it- but it's about as much as far as damage control they can do. Ric got in-front of it all and washed his hands of the whole thing early, so they pretty much had to put it on Charlotte to save any face from the whole thing. I said it in my RAW Review as well, it's not my place to get offended by it- so instead I'm just going to laugh at WWE's stupidity. On top of it all, as a result of the Charlotte stuff the WWE are basically putting an embargo on their Talent talking to "unapproved" journalists. So basically, as a result of the Charlotte/Paige angle the WWE have resorted to becoming a dictatorship.

Now there's the small matter of a possible ISIS attack. When I started this Blog about a Year and a Half ago I never thought I'd be talking about a possible Terrorist Attack. Do I believe there's going to be one? No. The fact is when Anonymous didn't give out their "sources" it may as well have been confirmed it was just a load of people on Message-Boards scrolling through Twitter looking for something threatening. The thing I've found in the aftermath of things like what happened in Paris, people are jumpy for a long time. In that respect it annoys me that there's constant news coverage of things like what happened in Paris. I acknowledge it's a news story, but as long as it remains the "big" news story it's impossible to move on. Intelligence Agencies will be working overtime at the minute to prevent another Paris, if there's another threat you can fucking guarantee they'll be all over it. The furore over "Where will ISIS attack next?" is just fearmongering and generates panic- and that's exactly what Terrorists of any kind want.

Now let's get down to the serious business, and annoyingly there's not a match booked for the Pre-Show. It's annoying because it factors into any Prediction I may be doing for the Survivor Series match on the Main Card and who's involved. If I had to make a Prediction for the Pre-Show Match I'd say it would be Sasha Banks v Natalya, but it can just as easily be a million other things. Such as Adam Rose & Brad Maddox wrestling.

Roman Reigns v Alberto Del Rio- WWE Title Tournament
This one's a tricky one. This match could truly go either way, we've got two wrestlers who both are- ah fuck it. Roman will win. It goes without saying that Roman's going to win, unless of course they go for the scenario I wanted on Monday with Reigns losing to Cesaro and then taking Triple H's offer before inserting himself into the Final and winning the Title. I love this idea, because it can genuinely set-up the entire Non-Part Timer Main Event scene between now and Mania. The whole thing would be centred around if Reigns is good enough to win the "big one" on his own. In an attempt to prove that he's "the man" he'd be taking on all sorts of challenges with wacky stipulations against "the best" and winning with shenanigans every time. Then at Wrestlemania, as a Heel he beats one of Cena, Undertaker or Lesnar clean as a sheet- proving that he is "good enough" before transitioning back into a Babyface Juggernaut.

The only actual prediction in this section is the placement on the Card. For pretty much endless reasons I think Reigns is going to be wrestling first, although if I'm The Authority I'd be putting Reigns' match just before the Final. I guess that'll be one of life's mysteries. Good Guy Authority.
Winner: Roman Reigns

Dean Ambrose v Kevin Owens- WWE Title Tournament
There's at least slightly more debate when it comes to the outcome of this one. Actually, I take that back there's less. Because once Vince inevitably reads the scenario I've booked for Reigns as a result of losing he's going to be rewriting the whole show. There's about a 1 in a Million chance we don't get a Reigns/Ambrose Final, but I'd have probably said the same about Gable & Jordan not being in the Final had I have done Predictions for the last Takeover. If nothing else, this match should be pretty fucking good.
Winner: Dean Ambrose

Survivor Series 5v5 Match
There's literally a million intangibles when even attempting to Predict this match. As I said, I'm working on the basis of the Pre-Show match being Natalya v Sasha Banks- not involving New Day, The Usos etc.

If I had to guess the teams I'd say it's The Usos, Ryback and The Dudleys v New Day and The Ascension. The reason I'm not saying Sheamus and Barrett to partner New Day is I believe Barrett's got an injury. Working on the basis of those Teams, and as I've said those Teams may well be wrong- I think the Babyfaces will win. I'm not going to predict a "clean sweep", I do think Xavier will somehow lose in 2 Seconds- but it won't be a clean sweep. The Ascension and Xavier will be killed pretty quickly, then Big E & Kofi will "unicorn up" and through a variety of shenanigans pin D-Von and one of the Usos. They might even get rid of Bubba by DQ as a result of doing a Tables Spot, but given how they've built it up I think Kofi and Big E will be taking a Shellshocked and Splash each.
Winner: The Usos, Ryback & The Dudleys

Tyler Breeze v Dolph Ziggler
Firstly, SUMMER FUCKING RAE HAD BETTER HAVE GOTTEN SOME FLUFFY FUCKING BOOTS. Thinking back to it all, I think Sasha Banks had some for a night- so it can't be that hard to get a hold of them. Oh yeah, there's a match that's happening. It's way too soon to be beating Breeze, and a win for Ziggler against Breeze would mean absolutely nothing- and it's for that exact reason that they might just end up doing it. Perhaps against my better judgement, I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt when it comes to doing something stupid.
Winner: Tyler Breeze

The Wyatts (Bray Wyatt & Braun Strowman) v The Brothers of Destruction
If you've either read previous Predictions Posts, or have simply worked out how I lay them out in this one- you'll know I'm predicting a possibly shocking outcome here. That's right, on the 25th Anniversary of The Undertaker I'm predicting a loss on the part of The Brothers of Destruction. This is the one where I'm most likely going to be wrong, but the fact is Strowman's never been Pinned- and Bray is in a much higher position than Kane as far as standings go. I'm not suggesting for one second that Taker will be pinned, but I can easily see either Strowman choking out Kane or Bray Abigailing him to get the win for the Wyatts. It all depends on how much Taker's pushing himself for what is most likely his "retirement tour". If Taker's doing TLC, then it's even more obvious that The Wyatts will win setting up a Taker/Bray match at TLC. Even then, if he isn't Taker doesn't need to take the Pin- and The Wyatts need the win.
Winner: The Wyatts

Charlotte v Paige- Divas Title
The Reid Flair situation has definitely been a big talking point, and I genuinely believe it's changed the outcome of this match. If they take the Title off of Charlotte now I can see a lot of people "Backstage" getting pissed at the whole thing. Their line of thought being "They had Reid Flair brought up, and then she loses the Belt less than week later". Before the Reid Flair stuff I genuinely believed Paige was going to win, and she may still do so- but I highly doubt it.
Winner: Charlotte

Roman Reigns v Dean Ambrose- WWE Title Tournament Final
Going back to my "Roman wondering whether he's good enough to win the Title" angle, another way they could go about it is to have Sheamus cash-in during the match in a repeat of the Rollins match and win the Title. The reason I'm not going to predict that, is because while it's more likely than it was before the Rollins injury- I still believe Sheamus isn't cashing in until Ninja Turtles 2 time. Another angle I discussed was the Ambrose injury one they teased in his first Tournament match, and that could have come into play with a "natural" turn within the match- with Reigns just beating the shit out of Ambrose's shoulder for 15 Minutes. Especially with Ambrose facing Owens, the chances of there being Post-Match shenanigans involving Owens and possibly an Apron Powerbomb- that door is still somewhat open.

It may be just because I don't want to set myself up for disappointment, but I genuinely believe that Roman Reigns is walking in as a Babyface, and is leaving as a Babyface with the WWE Title. He'll be (I think) the first to kick out of Dirty Deeds, it'll take a couple of Spears- Reigns will win the Title and Ambrose will congratulate him before leaving to let him have his moment. There is a chance Ambrose wins tonight or turns on him after, because he wasn't shown beating backstage with Triple H when Cesaro, Del Rio and Owens were on RAW- but that can be taken in a number of ways.
Winner: Roman Reigns

I've realised the longer I've gone on in these Predictions that well, they aren't Predictions. Consider this the return of the Booking Blogs- and with the Royal Rumble, and my booking of the Royal Rumble match on the horizon that's a good thing. I don't know what I'm expecting in-terms of show quality tonight. I thought we'd get a really good show at Hell in a Cell and I was proven right, but I'm genuinely not sure tonight. There's definitely potential in the card, and Reigns and Ambrose is definitely a Main Event worthy match- but at the same time there's not one that jumps out to me. There's a lot of matches that could go either way in short.

Thanks for reading as always. These Predictions are of course entirely my opinion so feel free to disagree with me on any of them. It goes without saying that, even if you don't want Reigns to win- the important thing tonight is everyone goes to and leaves the venue safely and without incident. The riots as a result of Roman winning can take place during RAW. Thanks again for reading, the Review is obviously following the Predictions- and hopefully you'll be back here tomorrow for them. In the meantime I hope you'll be tagging along on Twitter for more aimless musings- but confined to 140 Characters or less.

No comments:

Post a Comment